Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scout was the runt of a litter of 8. We adopted him and two of his brothers.
While carrying the box with all three of them to the car he stood up and licked my chin. He was a very sweet and adorable puppy and would howl and bay at the other two while they tussled. He became sick and wasn't eating or drinking. The vet originally thought he just had some bacteria and prescribed a shot and a few pills. After two days he was getting weaker and even with that he still made his way outside to go potty. We took him back to the vet and he kept him overnight. We found out the next day that his numbers were off the chart for his kidneys and liver. Seems they were destined to fail. We all loved him and hugged him and said good bye. My daughter made him a card and said a prayer. My son sang a church song for him. We buried him under the large tree in the backyard. While he was only with us about three weeks we really all became very attached to the little guy and we miss him a lot. We know he is at peace and happy at the Rainbow Bridge.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I am so very sorry. A loss like that is never easy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am sorry to hear about this...at least it sounds like he was very loved during his time he had with you and your family

·
Super Moderator
5,110 Posts
Oh my goodness - I am soooo sorry for your loss. He is truly an angel.

·
Registered
295 Posts
And I'm sure he felt the love you all gave him during his time with you. That's a good feeling. I'm so sorry for your loss. :( That's so hard.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry for your loss. As short a time as he had on this earth God had a mission for him and that was creating wonderful, fun memories for you and your family. Remember him fondly!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts