Our Beagle World Forums banner

Scooting?

8073 Views 12 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  conniew
I know there's been lots of posts about scooting and Anal glands...but Polly scoots--that is, she tucks up her hind legs and pulls herself forward on her front legs...
Now I've checked her glands to the best of my ability, and I don't see anything that looks like what people have described.
Could it be something else? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif
I forgot to ask when I dropped her off at the vet this morning for her spaying...I hope I remember tomorrow when I pick her up?
See less See more
1 - 1 of 13 Posts
Cecil and Brandy do that when they have to go, but are trying to hold back. Sometimes when they get up from a nap or first thing in the morning, they will sit/scoot. I take them out and they immediately poop. Sometimes they have done it on the grass immediately after pooping like using toilet paper. They get checked regularly for worms and behind stuff and it's just what the girls do when they need to go, but just really don't want to have to do it right then.
1 - 1 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.