Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Toby had today off, and I made an appointment this afternoon to go to framer (we have some paintings we'd like reframed). Across town.

So, before we had to leave, around 3pm, we think - take the dogs out for a quick pee. Toronto's been in a prolonged heat wave, it had started to rain and was a bit windy but no problem. Get outside - the wind has picked up - driving the rain hard enough that the rain hurts. Lightening is right overhead. The wind gets worst as we round the building...I'm almost getting blown over, and I am NOT small. Apparrently 100km/hr wind gusts. Agis is freaked, darting everywhere, Xerxes is scared - Neb is happily peeing, he DGAF - we see a tree in the yard get downed and are frantically yelling at each other but can't hear that we need to get back inside. We manage to make it back around the building and stagger in a door.

It was nuts. We rebooked our appointment. There was supposed to be 70mm of rain (which is...something...in inches. A lot) and where the place is located we'd need to go through low lying areas that tend to have flooding issues. We get a lot of once in a lifetime storms these days that often have bad flooding. Didn't want to drive.

Toby took some video from the balcony - it was worst than here, but it gives an idea. There was even a tornado warning, and there are NEVER tornado warnings in Toronto.

http://instagr.am/p/CCZJuwTn4Pf/
I did have to laugh though at Neb - he's always had confidence, but I don't know if it's age - "my pee stops for no-one or no thing" - but he was peeing happy as a clam.

We went for a walk once the storm was past (still hot and humid) and there were lots of trees down across cars. Why I'm glad we have underground parking!

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Wowza thats amazing. I doubt we'll see any more rain until fall. Cassie doesnt like rain especially that much and I suspect she would just pee inside.. lol. Hey i wouldn't want to take her out in that! Good you stayed home.⛈

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We're near drought, and then these extreme storms just run off. Yes, it is good we stayed home though - I was reading an article that said there was serious flooding on a road we would've needed to take.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts