Our Beagle World Forums banner

x_y_of_z_posts

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday Morning Niko and Yuki were wrestling like normal, when I noticed that they were pulling apart from each other. Then it sounded like they were really fighting. I tried to pull them apart and they were stuck together. Some background now, before we got them, they had oversized collars that had a big flap sticking out of them. They would try to bite each others collars. When we got them, we gave them proper sized collars that could be released easily. Glenda is really picky about the collars that go on our dogs. Even with these new collars, they still like to bite at each other on the collars. Well, Saturday morning Niko managed to get her jaw caught under Yuki's collar and she couldn't pull loose. As she pulled, it was choking Yuki. They were then pulling at each other and I was desperately trying to find the latch to Yuki's collar. Finally I found it and took the collar off. Yuki immediately threw up and had blood on her neck and paws. Yuki was also very unsteady on her feet for a while. Niko was also shaken up and it looked like her gums had been cut, though we never got a good look at them.
They are all fine now, but we are checking their collars to take out that slack so they can't get stuck again.

x_y_of_z_posts