Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm posting this scary story as a warning. i hope this never happens to anyone else.

here in my apt bldg, the elevator is <span style="text-decoration: underline">old</span> and slow.
one of my neighbors has a huge german shepard named vince. vince is a month older than my 2, he is still a puppy even though he weighs about 100lbs. he is the nicest dog, he loves my sophie and twitchy with all of his heart. anyhow, his owner, also a real nice guy, sometimes lets vince walk around dragging the leash. yesterday they got on the elevator and the leash got caught on the outside of the door. vince very nearly died from being hung. it happened yesterday afternoon. the leash and collar were chain so they could not be cut with a knife. i know that with most beagles, it's impossible to let them run loose, so the likelyhood of this happening is very small. still, it is a horrible accident i hope never happens again. please be careful in elevators with your dog. hindsight is always 20/20, but i know that vince's daddy never saw that comin or he never woulda let him drag the leash.
as far as i know vince is gonna be ok, but i won't know for sure until i see his daddy later on.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Oh my gosh, poor boy I hope he is o.k.. Please update us after talking to his owner.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Oh my! I hope Vince and his Daddy are okay! Please keep us updated! (and thank you for the warning)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Scarry indeed. I hope Vince will be OK. Give him a pat on the head for us.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, vince is ok, he has some bruising (of course) and he broke his toe trying to claw himself loose. he is otherwise ok. his daddy is catching his breath now but the shock of it all really was tough on him yesterday.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Originally Posted By: cheezyridrwell, vince is ok, he has some bruising (of course) and he broke his toe trying to claw himself loose. he is otherwise ok. his daddy is catching his breath now but the shock of it all really was tough on him yesterday.
That's great to hear. That had to be a terrifying situation!

·
Registered
350 Posts
im Glad Vince is ok.
my mom had a small pekenese that hung itself.
she had it on a lead , a cable i think, and the dog somehow got between the porch rails and fell off.
Horrible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts