Our Beagle World Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Judy, So sorry to hear the latest news about Maggie. I'll continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Judy, I just saw this thread!! I'm so sorry you got this news from your vet. Please add my name to the list of people who'll be praying for Maggie and you!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Oh Judy!

I'm reliving what I've been through in the past as you are going through (emotionally) with Maggie and it hurts so much.

With my Ginger and Jake, I remember running into the supermarket and just looking around and grabbing things if I thought they would eat it.

I fried up liver for Jake. He ate that for a while.

(I'm starting to tear up for you and Maggie as well as at the memories).

Keep doing what you are doing...and give some extra kisses and belly-rubs from Henry and I. I mean that.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Update: well, there is an advantage to being home sick from work ... I get to be with Maggie all day! Talked with her vet last night -- although we are going to proceed with the atypical Cushings tests next Monday, he really wants Maggie to have another ultrasound with another liver biopsy. He is particularly concerned about her gallbladder as he believes her symptoms and test results lean in that direction. I don't really understand how all the organs work together but he said that there is a direct effect on the liver if the gallbladder isn't functioning or the bile ducts are blocked. I asked if Maggie's enlarged liver ruled out things like hepatitis (in which there is a shrunken liver). He said "no" -- that as liver disease starts, the liver is enlarged and then, as the disease progresses, the liver starts to shrink. He said it is very important to come up with a diagnosis before the reduction starts as it is very difficult to reverse the process at that point. He asked me to keep her quiet, i.e., no walks, until we get through this diagnostic period. He thinks that her loss of appetite (particularly for things she loved a couple of weeks ago) might be due to nausea. We agreed that, since Maggie's last ultrasound/biopsy were very traumatic to her, it would be best to partially sedate her before we go to the hospital and then have the hospital folks continue that through the day and then send pain meds home with me. Expect we are a couple of weeks away from that as we don't think we'll get the UTenn results back before 4/16. Off for another nap ... will be home tomorrow but my office is dropping off work tonight! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

21 - 26 of 26 Posts