Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got to say, the reasoning for me to get a second dog (though it was always the plan) worked out perfectly.

Today was my first week back to work after taking the week off for the arrival of baby Scarlett. It was a great week and both Rhett and Scarlett were bonding very well. Today was different though..... I had to leave the babies at home /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

So the morning came and I feed the kids and reintroduced Rhett to his arch enemy..... The tall baby gate. I am lucky that my kitchen has a doggie door to the backyard and a beagle proof yard but Rhett was used to laying on the couch all day. I placed an older recliner at the end of the kitchen so he had a piece of furniture to lay on, closed up the kitchen and walked out the door (I really hate that feeling).

So of coarse I was worried about the kids all day but boy was I surprised when I got home. Now when Rhett was growing up he would easily hear my car, run to the gate, and go into ultra whining mode (I never did have the heart to ignore him when I walked in the door) and even when he was past the babygate stage he would be sitting on the top of the couch in the front window and as soon as I would open my car door I could hear the excitment through the front door.

So I walked in the door and heard absolutely nothing and headed straight to the back door. There they were both taking a nap outside. I called over to them and they got up and walked to me. They both gave me loves and then ran in the house cause they both knew it was dinner time.

Another notable point, Scarlett was perfect in not making any messes in the house. She had only had 3 total in the first couple of days at home but to officially be 11 weeks old today and to understand that outside is where that poopies go is a great thing.

Anyway, just had to share with everyone!!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
WTG Scarlett!!!!

And me too, worry all day long about the Twins. Hubby laughs at me and tells me all the time, they are hound dogs, not chihuahuas which I used to have. But come to find out my neighbor who is a stay at home Mom usually checks up on the Twins while I am at work (hubby works in and out of the house so he is here a lot during the time I am away---yeah *Hound Dog Daddy*. My Twins are gonna weigh a hundred pounds with all the treats the neighbors feed them :rotflmao: plus the 10 yr old neighbor daughter always checks over here a couple of times a day to make sure they have plenty of water /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif .

BTW hubby and I went away 2 weeks ago and I worried myself sick that they missed us..........well they WERE happy when we got home but had managed to be to entertain themselves enough to not even really realize we had left for 5 days.

·
Registered
448 Posts
My heart still drops when I put all the baby puppies in the laundry room with momma and have to put up the gate to keep her in there with them, worried that things wont go well. So far so good, they are 3 weeks old today. Of course, as of today, most of the little tykes can crawl up out of the baby pool! yikes!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif
the next few weeks until time for new homes is going to be very very interesting :freak: I am sure!
Judi and the gang

·
Registered
91 Posts
No matter how old they get, you always worry when you leave them at home.

I know that's true for me; we have Sam (11 years old), and he is still my baby. I always feel better when I return and I know he's o.k.

·
Registered
388 Posts
That's WONDERFUL news! Way to go Scarlett! What a good puppy! :happyhappy: :heart:

--------------------
~ Louri ~ Mommy to Quads (we'll be 4 years old in 4 months)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts