Our Beagle World Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, looks like we have alot in common. I also just got a new puppy from Caulderwood. She is a little lemon colored girl named "Rocky". Like you I already have a male beagle at home (which I also got from caulderwood). He is 6 months old right now and has been the only dog in the house. I am kinda worried about how hes gonna react when I bring little Rocky home next week. How was it for you? Any advice?

Scarlett is beautiful by the way. I can tell she is gonna be a great looking beagle just like her parents!

Heres a pic of my puppy "Cooper"..I'll post pics of Rocky next week when she comes home.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I remember the pictures of Rocky, She was one of the most unique beagles I had seen in a very long time (in a good way)

The meeting between Rhett and Scarlett went pretty well. The first day Rhett wanted to flex his manhood (yes that is as bad as it sounds) but after that day he hasn't tried it since. It looked like he was playing rough with her but if you would actually watch him it was more show, he would open his mouth and put it around a leg or ear but wouldn't clamp down on it. He was just playing. She would scream bloody murder but after the first couple of days it has been a semi reversal. For instance today I was sitting inside the house and they were out back (my backyard is beagle fort knox) and all of a sudden I heard her barking and Rhett was running away from her trying to hide.

Scarlett is a lot more aggressive then Rhett is though, he's pretty submissive and I wouldn't be surprised if the Alpha role changes. I've read many places that you have to let that happen on it's own.

Potty training has been a breeze too, after every nap I would take her outside for the first full week. Yesterday and today I've been letting her decide on her own and she has been a perfect little girl going outside to do her duty. I finally go back to work tomorrow so We'll see how it goes. They will both have the kitchen/outside to themselves for the day with the help of a doggie door so except for Rhett's seperation anxiety everything should be a breeze.

I would say the only problem I have run into is Rhett's loss of appetite for his regular food. I have to coach him into eating which sounds odd for a beagle but when he is hungry he finally eats. I just have to put it high enough for him to get to where she can't reach.

Anyway congrats on your new addition, you're in for a hand full!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
The pictures are just adorable--Scarlett is so pretty and Rhett is a handsome boy. I love the picture of them playing tug of war, and of Scarlett standing on her back legs and Rhett licking her head. Glad to hear things are going so well. Rhett may be off his feed a little in all the excitement of getting used to the newcomer. I bet he'll get back on schedule when things settle down a big, and he gets used to his food being in a new spot.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.