Our Beagle World Forums banner

Scarlett - The Day After (Loads of Pics)

4K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  Genie 
#1 ·
See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
Rhett is mostly playing well with her, sometimes he's a bit rough but the funny thing is when he's done she chases him for it. It's a learning process for him but I am going out of my way to do everything for him first so he doesn't feel neglected.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
They look very very similar. (Though scarlett is cuter =P )

Funny thing about the dog food container is that she has never seen me go in there so I atleast know that her nose is working 100%

Discussion starter · #10 ·
I love that first pic too, the funniest thing about that one is it was one of the few times they haven't been jumping all over each other. I will say that he knocked her off the deck right after that though.

And btw you know as well as I do that she makes you want to get another puppy!

Discussion starter · #12 ·
I am!!! I'm just lucky I have a dog in Rhett that loves everyone even the cats (they just don't like him). Makes it a lot easier. This is an opposite situation from when I fostered my brother's beagle before getting him in his new home. Mario was the dominent one and had Rhett running in circles (and after all the hidden treats Mario found around the yard)

Discussion starter · #23 ·
I remember the pictures of Rocky, She was one of the most unique beagles I had seen in a very long time (in a good way)

The meeting between Rhett and Scarlett went pretty well. The first day Rhett wanted to flex his manhood (yes that is as bad as it sounds) but after that day he hasn't tried it since. It looked like he was playing rough with her but if you would actually watch him it was more show, he would open his mouth and put it around a leg or ear but wouldn't clamp down on it. He was just playing. She would scream bloody murder but after the first couple of days it has been a semi reversal. For instance today I was sitting inside the house and they were out back (my backyard is beagle fort knox) and all of a sudden I heard her barking and Rhett was running away from her trying to hide.

Scarlett is a lot more aggressive then Rhett is though, he's pretty submissive and I wouldn't be surprised if the Alpha role changes. I've read many places that you have to let that happen on it's own.

Potty training has been a breeze too, after every nap I would take her outside for the first full week. Yesterday and today I've been letting her decide on her own and she has been a perfect little girl going outside to do her duty. I finally go back to work tomorrow so We'll see how it goes. They will both have the kitchen/outside to themselves for the day with the help of a doggie door so except for Rhett's seperation anxiety everything should be a breeze.

I would say the only problem I have run into is Rhett's loss of appetite for his regular food. I have to coach him into eating which sounds odd for a beagle but when he is hungry he finally eats. I just have to put it high enough for him to get to where she can't reach.

Anyway congrats on your new addition, you're in for a hand full!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.