Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been browsing the forums off and on for a few months. Our family recently adopted a 2 year old Beagle from the local shelter just over a month ago. Thus far it has been pretty rewarding with a few minor set backs. I am sure we will have a few questions along the way as this is our first Beagle (Not first dog). Been debating if we should introduce Cyrus to a new dog or not. We aren't sure if we should hold off until Cyrus and one of our male cats gets along or just take the plunge. They have their moments and our beagle is more afraid of the cat then the cat is of the dog. Anyways, just wanted to say HEY!.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Cyrus is very handsome and that is a great name. I am glad you decided to join us on BW. It is a fun and informative site. Thanks for sharing the photos also...we can never get enough of those around here.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. Cyrus is a handsome beagle. I have had Maggie for over two years and we finally have a truce with the cats. Maggie would like to be friends but the cats don't cooperate.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Welcome to BW and thanks for adopting Cyrus! He sure is handsome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes. I will say that beagles have been a little different from the Goldens and Labs we had. I think our wife and I have finally decided that getting another dog or another beagle may be in the best interest of the dog.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Welcome to BW. We adopted two beagles together and they get on fine. I think beagles are better off in pairs. Good luck anyway.

·
Registered
702 Posts

Cyrus is handsome!! I like the name a lot. Do you call him Cy for short?
I think two Beags would be great.

I only have Daisy, 9 1/2. My husband and I are both handicapped so one dog at a time is wise. Only, I do wish I could have two.

I think you'll like it here!

Monica and Daisy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally Posted By: My Sweet Daisy

Cyrus is handsome!! I like the name a lot. Do you call him Cy for short?
I think two Beags would be great.

I only have Daisy, 9 1/2. My husband and I are both handicapped so one dog at a time is wise. Only, I do wish I could have two.

I think you'll like it here!

Monica and Daisy
He is still in the process of learning his name. Not too sure what his original owner had named him as he was a stray which was soon transfered to a pound. My son calls him Cy more often then not though my wife try to keep it consistant with Cyrus (At least until his fully knows his name).

We were going to get a second beagle, but ended up getting a new puppy on Friday night. So far, she has been great with Cyrus. Have seen changes with Cryus even though we have only had Abby for a few days. I think he is much happier playing with another dog rather then running away from an angry cat.

His new playmate: Abby the Old English Bulldogge puppy (3 months old)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Cyrus and Abbie are both lovely . They look like they are having lots of fun getting to know each other.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts