Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things ended between Evan and me last night. For many of you who know the toil of long distance relationships and military, well...it all happened to me.

I'm posting on here because the hardest part of all of this was having to say goodbye to Grayson. I wanted to kill Evan (still want to), but looking at Grayson and saying goodbye to him, knowing the chances of seeing him again are slim for right now...I couldn't help but tear up. This is what makes getting pets in an non permanent relationship so difficult. I'm just thankful I have Quinn. When it all comes down to it, he has his dog and I have mine. I just know that we have grown to love both dogs equally. That's what makes this all so tough...

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
I am so sorry

When my ex and I split up, he kept Benny our beagle and I kept our kitty. My heart broke. Luckily we on good enough terms to share custody although I moved 3 hours away. Eventually I got a house and got all settled while my ex was still running all over the country and dating, so Benny became mine full time.

I hope you can get visits!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really should have taken Grayson. He'd be much better with me because I can give him that attention and space he needs, but he is not my dog, so I couldn't do that.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My heart goes out to you - I wish you a happy ending - who knows what tomorrow may bring!

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'm sorry for your break up. My dh and I always said, we didn't care where the kids went, but we'd fight for the dogs....they can't take care of themselves. Hang in there...you'll make it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts