Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadie and Pooh Bear have both been scratching and biting at their tailes and hind ends lately. They both have sore spots around their tails where they have scratched and chewed. I have been giving them antihistimines and doctoring the sore spots with salve. This morning Pooh Bear was beside me and he turned real quick to bite at his back. I looked and saw a flea!! These 2 have never had fleas, or I have never seen them on them. I have them on flea meds. already Monday it is time to put on more, so I went ahead and did it today. We have new grass and it is thick and green. Wonder if the fleas like the new grass?

Other than that both Sadie and Pooh Bear are doing great I am happy to report.

·
Registered
650 Posts
M2B, I've been battling the flea problem for several weeks now on Ginger and Chloe. Interestingly, Bailey is the dirtiest of the pack, but he's had NO FLEAS! Frontline spray and regular laudering of their bed clothes seems to be doing the trick.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
M of 2 -- fleas love dry weather and, since we are in severe drought state, I expect this is going to be a tough flea season. Maggie had her first flea ever a few weeks ago. Just like with your pups, I saw it a few days before the end of a flea treatment cycle -- it was sluggish (which meant flea treatment had worked) so I was able to pick it off. I use Advantage on Maggie and was under the impression that it was absorbed into her system but vet told me that Advantage was just a topical treatment. He did say which ones were absorbed but can't remember names ... Since that first flea, I check the insides of Maggie's rear legs during belly rubs to make sure there aren't any flea droppings.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I keep a flea comb by my recliner and when I see them scratch alot I do a little comb through...If I see a flea then I do the big 3....Dogs,(Advantage), Yard,(Eliminator) and House(Bengle for fleas)....and that ususally takes care of them for a long time...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts