Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Welcome to BW :wave: The pups are so cute!!!

I have 2 beagle pups(9mnths old) who are also litter mates. We adopted them when they were 8 weeks old, but fell in love with them at 4 weeks. One is a lemon and her sister is a tri-color.
Jasmine the tri-color has the eyes that tear and also the lazy eye. :freak: I noticed that when she is tired her eye really becomes lazy. But she's still cute!!!

Can't wait to see more pictures and hear about their antics!!! :hyper:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hi Erin! Yes they have bonded well together as well as with us. I was nervous at first because everything I read said Don't get litter mates, because they won't bond to the human.
Well around 4 mnths old we put them in serperate crates and started taking them outside serperately. So I think that helped with them bonding to us. Maggie (our lemon) got demodectic mange, but Jasmine never got it. So with having them use to not being together all the time, it was easier when I had to bring Maggie for her dips. Jasmine didn't cry for her.

My family and I are also out of the house for long periods of time and they are fine. We have there crates right next to each other, plus our older dog goes and visits them.

My thought on having sisters, its like having twins. You want them to be together, but have their own personalities.

Enjoy them and take lots of pictures. Any questions just ask!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.