Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every morning when I put the girls outside before I go to work, I give them a chewy stick. For some reason, Sally didn't like her chewy stick and decided to tell it why:

Sally\'s norti chewy stick (Right click and save as).

Enjoy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
157 Posts
I wish I spoke Beagle /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Sally certainly seemed to give that chewie what for.

Lora&Tippi, and now Brie
"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet."
Edith Wharton

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I could speak Beagle too... Just to know exactly what she said to that chewy! I'm glad it learned it's lesson.

She was going for ages before I grabbed the camera. I was too busy giggling at her being a puppy to think of the camera. :lol2:

She also does this thing where she sits on the lounge rolling around barking at herself. If you bark back at her, it makes it more entertaining and she goes nuts. I'd love to know what she thinks I'm saying back to her.

(... Erin)

·
Registered
862 Posts
I right-clicked and saved it and opened it with windows media, but I could hear only her barking but ther was no picture /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It just did the same thing to me, not sure why. I'll look into it.

ETA: If you can, right click on the file and select "open with" and select windows media player (if you are running windows). For some reason winamp doesn't want to play it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

I love how her tail is wagging the whole time she's so happy, then at the end, she just picks it up and casually walks outside to consume it.

You'll also hear a few seconds in a scraping noise of ceramic. That's their bowls that were underneath the bed that she'd moved.

(... Erin)

ETA: Whoops I just realised that's what you did. I'm not sure why it's not working. Are you on a Mac? I've been told that people with apple mac's can't view it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Registered
862 Posts
We don't use Mac here (at my workplace). I've tried it on several computers and it didn't show either. Hmmm.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hrm that's bizarre /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Sorry Boeing's Mom, I don't know how to fix it. That's Andrew's department.

If you'd like to give me your email address, I can email it to you and see if that works?

(... Erin)

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Hi

I tried to open file with Windows Media player and got the sound but no pictures. Tried right clicking and open with (windows media player) still no pictures.

I have to report though that the sound of Sally barking sent Gwenni off the planet, her fur was all standing on end and she was going around shouting that there was a strange dog in the house, she spent at least five minutes running round looking and starting Foxy roo off too. Very funny!!! Caleb just nearly jumped out of his skin! Hes easily frightened......

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Only got the sound Im afraid. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I saved it and got the whole thing. It's too cute! I wish I knew what she was saying. That being said, I would love to spend 5 minutes inside Caesars head and see exactly what goes on in there. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Emma was asleep beside me when I played it and she was very interested in what was going on.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry everyone, I'm not sure why it's working for some and not others /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Sally's a bit silly, when I was playing the video back at home, she started barking at herself barking :doh: Silly dog.

I'll try and remember to get Andrew to look at it tonight and find out why it's not working.

I should film the girls singing to each other and post that for you all to see. It's hilarious.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I went through the usual process after I got the clip you sent by email, but nope! no pictures, only the sound came through /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif . But please tell Sally that she has a very cute bark /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just asked Andrew and he's suggested it might be because some people don't have divx installed. It's a codec that plays the movies.

Maybe try downloading that and seeing if you can then view the video along with the sound?

http://www.divx.com/

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Hi

Yes it does work now, just watched pictures and sound! What a nutter Sally is. Gwenni and Foxy do similar things. Gwenni 10 months is going through scaredy beagle stage at the moment (9 months to about a year and a half) when everything scares her. Caleb did the same too and Foxy a bit.

Go Sally, so funny

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hellen - YAY, glad you could see it.

When you talk of this scardy phase, can this also cause them to bark at night and in the morning? Our girls never used to do it, it's only in the past month that they've started barking at night and in the morning and there's nothing that we can see or hear that is making the barking warranted. I was thinking of it just being a phase they are going through, but not sure.

Sally's a scaredy cat of anything. She got scared last night when we were cooking chicken in the wok on the stove because of the noise it was making.

Crazy pup.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts