Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember me telling you all that Sadie drinks water a lot and drinks water in the middle of the night? It was worrisome to me so I asked our vet to run blood tests on her. I took her Tuesday and they ran $109 worth of tests.

The vet just called. Sadie’s blood looks good except for one thing. (Thyroid, kidneys all look great). The pancreas enzyme is high. But she said she doesn’t exhibit symptoms of pancreatitis. Symptoms are vomiting and refusing to eat. I said she eats grass and throws up often, but the vet said that is normal dog behavior. She loves to eat and has a great appitite. The vet asked what her diet is. I told her we feed them the dry diet dog food from them. And that I feed them tid bits from our dinner. I have to stop that!! Cut out all fat in her diet. Which I certainly will for her health. She can have low fat treats and Pup Corn, which she loves. We can get her re-checked in 3-6 months. She is also over weight and needs to loose 4 pounds. So I've got work to do. It is my fault that she is heavy. I'll be working very hard on this.

The vet can't explain the water drinking.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Sadie, I'm sure you're going to use those beagle eyes on your mom, but she's doing what's best for you.
You'll soon be svelte and even more beautiful.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ru and Bailey send Sadie a big wet beagle kiss. They love that Pup Corn, too! It fits well in their Kongs.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone else have an issue with their Beagle's pancreas?

What all other low fat treats does everyone have? They love Pup Corn. They love Milk Bone Dog bisquits, but I'm not sure if they are low fat. Our doggies don't like green beans or any fruit.

I was reading on the Internet about Pancreas problems. I found an article that says a diet Not high in fiber is recommended. They eat Science Diet Reducing Diet now which is high fiber. I'm going to ask the vet if we need to change foods.

I did good last night. I gave Sadie and Pooh Bear their food and gave them pup corn for snacks in the evenings. They weren't real happy about it. But I'm sticking to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts