Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SADIE!!!! What the...???

Sadie will be three in September, and we've had Sparky since last fall. Through watching them I've come to the conclusion that beagles behave more like cats than they do dogs. Our two cats actually have better recall than the dogs. Cats will also leave you messages if you do something wrong.
Like the time we went away over-night and forgot to remove the cover on the flapper door leading to the garage. That's where their food and litter box is. They left us several messages. Not on the floor... Not hidden behind the couch or a chair... But right where they knew we'd find them... On the white down comforter on our bed! (It went in the trash after an attempt at dry-cleaning.)

Anyhow, I was sitting here at the computer one night about a week ago... All of the sudden there was this smell! I looked down, and Sadie, who is very potty trained, was in the middle of leaving me a message right at my feet!

Daddy. You're ignoring me.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Re: SADIE!!!! What the...???

Oh goodness! Daisy hasn't done this yet, but my previous dog Ben did it a lot. It was his way of saying that he wasn't happy with me.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts

Oh no! My mom had a poodle that used to leave messages, too. Not fun.

My husband has always said Duke is part cat/part beagle, so I had to laugh when you said basically the same thing.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts

Our Gunner would do that from time to time. It was his way of telling us that, yes, he really did want his walk every evening. Just going outside didn't cut it.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts

Uh oh Sadie! That's not a very good Beagle.
Jersey doesn't leave messages for me when I'm ignoring her. She steals something like my sneaker or some laundry and runs off with it.

·
Registered
605 Posts

Henry steals too, Jen. The larger and more ungainly the object, the better! The other night he swiped a blanket off my bed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts