Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never in my life met such a persistant, strong willed, stubborn little girl in my life. Sadie has always been strong willed. I myself wish I had some of her strength.

This morning hubbie went to work early. I am feeling sleepy so I let Sadie and Pooh go pee and then I bring them back in and we 3 lay back down to hopefully sleep in some. Sadie starts scratching, then jumps down from the bed. Then she whines to be picked back up on the bed. She can't jump up herself. Pooh Bear is sleeping away. I pick her up and she comes and licks me. I try to get her to lay back down, she only licks more and paws at my face. I give up, we got on up and they are now playing outside in the back yard. I should know better than to try to sleep in ever. But on the other hand I am glad they are healthy and love to play in the yard still. They are both 7 and still have plenty of energy and vigor.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is Miss Sadie now. She accomplished her mission which is to get everyone up in the household. Her mission being complete she can go back to sleep. I can't, I'm not sleepy anymore!

·
Registered
131 Posts
:sign20: Luce does the exactly same thing: when she wants us to wake up starts licking our faces.. I hate it!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
I just watched the picture.. She seems so peaceful /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Oh boy, I can relate to that. They do everythng to get you up, once accomplished they curl up on the couch for a good sleep and we are left sitting baggy eyed.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Amen!

When Henry wants you to get up, it's best to just give in and get out of bed.

And by the time you are awake and moving, Henry is completing his late-early morining nap.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm glad Jersey isn't the only one who does that! I used to get so mad when she was a puppy. She'd get up at 5 am on our days off (that's our usual wake up time) to go out and then wouldn't go back to bed, but would curl up on the couch and go back to sleep. She's prety much out grown that now, but will stil on occasion insist I get up early and then she'll go back to bed.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie wakes up at 5 every morning. Today was a real treat for me because she slept until 6.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wellington is not a morning puppy he hates to get up to early especially if it’s cold out. Bear on the other is a morning doggie

When I was a kid we use to have a retriever that would put her head under your body and flip you out of bed lol

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Oh Dear

All three of ours incld 8 week old Gwenni all woke up at 8am this weekend and all get up at 7am in the week, I normally have to wake them.

And incredibally Pup is sleeping through the night and is dry and has got the hang of going outside for pees and poos...

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hate to post a picture of Sadie and not put one in of Pooh Bear also. So here is Pooh Bear with his new ball from PetSmart:

Sadie sitting in the yard enjoying the sunshine:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Lucky is a lazy beagle. I have to drag him out of bed in the morning. He loves to sleep. When I get him up (because I have to literally pick him up to get him out of bed), he grunts like he is mad I woke him up. He is so funny!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Lovely pictures of Sadie and Pooh Bear.

Rosa is a sleepy head during the week and I normally have to wake her but on Saturdays she seems to know that it's her special walk with daddy and is awake at 6am /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
282 Posts
Fortunatley, I have pretty well trained Bailey on the weekends and we have come to an agreement. We get up at our usual 6:00 time have breakfast, go potty and then lay back down for a few hours. --Or would this mean he has me trained! :smack: -- either way it's routine now.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Beautiful pictures!

Like Amy's Bailey, Gage doesn't mind sleeping in on the weekends. He'll wake up, and take his cues from me on whether it's time to play or time to relax. He owes me though, since we had many early weekend mornings together when he was a pup.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Heh heh heh...Yep, they can be very persistent. Mine usually wakes me up by his body-wiggling. He can do a 360-turn and kick me lightly in the stomach until I either get up or turn my back to him. :hi:
:thumbup: Great pics of Sadie and Pooh. They look so cuddly!!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
There's a thread from a few days ago about our babies bringing up a little bile sometimes. :pukey:
My Sadie has done it first thing in the morning a few times. I think it's because she's hungry. One time, she was lying there all cute and cuddly. Then all of the sudden, she sat up... and it happened right there on the bed! :pukey: :freak:
Now, if I reach around in the dark to find her, and find that she's sitting up... and if she refuses to lay back down... it's right out to the back yard!
She will usually pee. Then she gets a little treat so there's something in her tummy, and we go back to bed.
3:30, 4:00 AM, I'm not taking any chances!

Do you think she's made the connection on how to get herself a midnight snack?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts