Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO after all of our excitement, We have had 3 weeks of boxes of tissues, 3 weeks of buying Dander Remover Shampoo, Dander Remover Spray, Febreeze Allergen to spray on the Furniture, Allergy carpet powder to vaccum with, Allergen House Filters, Boxes of Kleenex & My children & myself are sneezing balls of snot 24/7.

It's not myself that I am worried about, its my children's breathing that I am worried about. After trying all of these products & trying my best, it is with great regret that I have found that we must go back to being a cat only household.

With this I want to turn to my Beagle Board first when looking for a home for him. As we know he does not get on well with other dogs, so this will be hard. He cannot live with other dogs, sure he can be trained... that has happened, I just didnt have the time with him to get a Dog trainer in, The Dog trainer did say that it was possible, it was just small dogs, he was fine with a Basset hound that I would walk with, so who knows...

Is there Anyone local looking for a sweet boy? I have so many belongings for him ;( He is SUCH a good boy... This is SO hard.

But my childrens breathing is so important as well & I don't want them to devolop Asthsma or anything, as they had no Allergy issues before Blackjack entering the home. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Oh Louri, this is heartbreaking for you, I know. I wish I could help. Are there any beagle rescue groups in your area? I am so very sorry. I'll be praying for you that you find a good home for him soon.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I'm so sorry you have to give up your Blackjack. This must be really tough for you and the kids.

*Hugs*

·
Registered
124 Posts
Have you talked to the vet? maybe she/he has some good ideas to reduce the dander. Not trying to make excuses but I wonder in Blackjack steps or rolls in something that your babies are allergic to? :conf12:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Louri, have you tried Natures Remedy pet dander remover? It has worked wonders in my house for those who are allergic to cats, I bet it works for those allergic to dogs as well. I not only sprayed the animal, but the furniture and the carpet. That in conjunction with a Dyson seemed to work for me.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Louri, if your kids werent allergic to Bailey then it wont be Blackjack they are allergic to. A lot of people are allergic to cats but can live with dogs, my Dave is an example.
However, if you still feel you want to get him a new home, then do so as quickly as possible, but to a very good home. Good luck.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I agree about checking with your vet to see what can be done to reduce the dander in the house. It is interesting that your children weren't allergic to the other dog. Also i have used Nature's Remedy also and it does work wonders. Good luck!

On a side note about allergies, when I was around 7 I was having chronic sinus infections so of course the Dr's thought the A word. Well it turns out I was apparently allergic to dogs, cats, and dust mites. I don't know where he got his results but we've had dogs and cats my whole life. Your much nicer than my mom though, she basically told me to suck it up cause she was not getting rid of the dogs. Hahahaha, turns out my "allergies" were really tonsuls and adnoids that needed to be removed.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
I remember when you had Bailey, you posted many times about how she made you sneeze also.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
*sigh* It's not me making the decision... its the husband... I know... I'm the one that has been trying remedies LEFT and RIGHT.

Yes, I have Natures Remedy Pet Dander Remover.
I have Febreze Allergen Reducer.
I have the Allergen Filters in the house...

The kids were fine when they were at grandmas house... for the day... (it was a test)

He doesn't roll in anything. (I don't have a yard) Only time he is out is on his 4 walks a day with me. Rest of the time is play time inside.

Trust me, I'm doing the best I can.

I $500 Vaccuum? I Wish I could... Where can I draw the line... I am TRYING SO HARD TRUST ME I AM! I DONT WANT TO DO THIS... I'm not one to take this lightly... "oop my kid is allergic" and *dump the dog* But I also can't just see telling my kids to "SUCK IT UP" either... they are 3 years OLD. and have SNOT running down their faces 24/7 and are getting rashes on their faces because of it. All since he has been here.

TRUST me I am trying to FIX this.

Bailey's hair seemed, shorter... finer... different... she was smaller... I don't know... it was also 8 months ago... kids devolop allergies... its NOT something I planned...

I hate that I feel like I'm being attacked on places where I've advertised him, I certianly do not want to feel attacked here as well. I surely did not plan for this to happen.

If I could rewind time and known this was going to happen... *sigh*

I really have been in tears, its like getting your heart broken all over again...

·
Registered
124 Posts
No one here is attacking you, you posted your situation and everyone is trying to help. We dont want you to get rid of your pup then realize that there was an easy solution. I understand that you are upset, but we are not here to judge you.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It is no surprise that the kids have developed allergies. I myself did not show any signs of allergies until I was in my late teens/early 20's.

Your family's health is your first consideration; I wish it was so that we could adopt blackjack, but our situation won't allow it.

Just like you found him, I'm sure that someone will connect with him and provide him a great forever home.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts