Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on in a while. Some of you may remember Sadie and Pooh Bear. The worst thing has happened. Sadie passed away yesterday. They were/are both 12 years old. Sadie was rushed to emergency vet Friday morning in pain and her side swollen and bloated. They did x rays and sent us to our regular vet. She was feeling better by the time we got to our regular vet. The x rays showed a mass in her abdomen. The vets decided to do exploratory abdominal surgery, and they didn't know what it was and looked quite large. The surgery revealed a bursted spleen and liver cancer. Cancer in all lobes of the liver. Devastating and shocking news. She had been fine, except we noticed she wasn't quite right for about a month. We had to let her go to Heaven. The prognosis was that she could live a few weeks to a few months and she would decline quickly. We could not let our girl suffer.

Sadie was the most energetic, head strong, stubborn, strong, best back yard hunter,independent, sweet, beautiful, loving girl.

We are so sad. Pooh Bear is doing ok. We really thought we would loose Pooh first as he has several health problems. It is so sad coming home to just one Beagle when you have had 2 for 12 years. I'm sure Pooh senses her being gone. He is extra clingy.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am so sorry that you lost your baby. Please take some comfort in the fact that she is no longer in pain. She will be waiting for you at the bridge and you will be together again someday.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
(((hugs))) I am so sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sorry to hear of you loss. I am glad she is no longer suffering. May she live on forever in your hearts.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about Sadie - I haven't checked in here for some time but saw your sad message today. I hope the rest of you are doing okay although I'm sure you miss her tremendously. Your story is especially heartbreaking as our eldest Booker had a very similar emergency back in November as well, also requiring emergency surgery for a burst spleen, and we were prepared by the vet to receive the same devastating news you received about dear Sadie so that we might well have to let her go then and there. She pulled through, though - and is doing fine several months later - as they amazingly did not find the cancer they expected to when they did the surgery (the cause of the burst spleen remains unknown). I so wish you could have had the same result with Sadie.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts