Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hubby and me had fight weds night and he took off thursday morn-still not back yet and homer is so sad missing him.sits by his chair looking so sad and whines.doesn't want to play or be petted or anything-just goes back and forth from his cage to hubbys chair.not eating too much either.usually gets solid food but adding wet in there so he will eat some.goes outside to potty and wanders around in the carport whining looking for hubby too.hope he comes home for homers sake-he really misses hubby

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Maybe he is sensing it from you too, hope things will work out. Pets do not like us human fight, they think we do not like them or not happy. Just like kids some may even blame themselves. I remember Marlin used to hate it when we shout at each other. He would even bark at us, but with a wagging tail.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well it has been awhile and i apologize for not updating sooner.been busy and just plain forgot i posted this here.things are back to normal around here.hubby did come back home after a few days and things are much better.homer is doing really well.when hubby walked back in the door he was so excited he wet all over the kitchen(homer not hubby...lol) but the sweetest thing was seeing hubby get teary eyed realizing homer missed him so much-i believe his exact words were "i can't believe i love that damn dog so much".....lol.been busy the last few weeks here with family and friends coming up to stay a bit from florida.homer has gotten completely spoiled and we kinda have to retrain him a little on things.everyone just loved him and wanted to steal him from us.he got tons of presents(way more than we did!....lol)dad came up with a huge bag of toys for him,pig ears,rawhide bones and treats.we had 2 beagles growing up and dad really wants another but can't because he doesn't have time for one with work and all so he was outside all day most days playing with homer and giving treats.homer was a fat,tired,spoiled little beagle every night!oh a dad just happened to "accidently" drop parts of his dinner on the floor alot too-hence some of the retraining.i was surprised to se how well he took to all the company considering how scared he is of everyone and everthing but if anyone had a treat for him that was his new best friend.thanks to the ones who noticed i was posting again asking about us.i feel like i don't have much to contribute most times since i am still learing lots with homer and it's nice to know you guys remembered and cared enough to ask :heart:

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
I am so glad that everything turned out well for you guys. I know that when I go anywhere, Spencer asks to go outside every 5 minutes to see if I am out there, he gets very Sad. Sydney is that way with DH, He sometimes goes away for a week at a time for work and she gets all upset and pouts the whole time.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm so happy to know that all is well and back to normal... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Maybe now that you have had guests over for a few weeks, Homer is on his way of getting over being afraid of strangers... :thumbup:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Im so glad things are better. Snoopy often wines when Ron leaves, but gets over it quickly. But the way he acts when we are both around is so different than when he is alone.

Alone, he is quiet, sleeps, when we are together he is way more confident, less scared (he is a very VERY scared beagle)..

And so many times we both say "we cant believe how much we love this dog" b/c we really do..he is family.

good luck
Amanda and Snoopy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.