Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I'm using my vacuum cleaner to suck up all the dog hairs off the carpet, it is absolutely driving Dillon crazy. He goes nuts barking and staying the hell away from the vacuum cleaner. Poor thing can't stand the loud annoying noise generated by the vacuum cleaner. Maybe he thinks it's a devil because it's a Dirt Devil brand. lol

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
A lot of dogs don't like the vacuum cleaner noise. You can try getting him used to being next to it, treat and praise, then turn it on for a second (with him on the leash so he can't escape the monster), if he's quiet, treat and praise.... slowly get him used to it.

Another option is just having him in another room while you're vacuuming

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Spock thinks it's a game when I vacuum. He's like Maggie in a lot of ways in his reaction! Bones doesn't know what to think and usually takes off when I start up the vacuum cleaner. More often than not, I put them in the yard while I'm cleaning just so they're not underfoot.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
The labs always ran from the big, bad vacuum cleaner. But the beagles don't even pay that much attention to it, they ignore it for the most part and when it gets close, they sniff and that's it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Flora ignores it, but Lucy tries to attack the vacuum. Maybe she's trying to save me from housework?

Anyway, we cope by sending her outside when the vacuum is about to be used.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tucker heads out side whenever the vacuum starts. Last week I cleaned the carpets and it takes several hours to do the whole house. Tucker spent a lot of time outside.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.