Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He has "rubbed" the fur off himself on the3 cedar
trees that my parents have on their property! The 11 going on 12 yr old fart has forced Pop to put a wire cage around them! :rolleyes: Nibbler does not have that addiction,But Rufus is a "textbook-stinker" when "spoiledbeags" enter the picture! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
786 Posts
Maybe he was trying to store his "coat" in a "cedar" closet. :hysterical:

On a more serious note, it could be like rubbing there bodies on dead things, he might want the cedar smell on him?

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"That,s a good call"! But he gets the "same look of satisfaction" on his face like the humorist writer (Patrick F Mc Manus) described when writing about his boyhood dog,"Strange"! :evilgrin: Rufus is just simply a little "trouble-maker" like the fictional character! (& a little bit of "Peanuts" PIGPEN thrown in! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Rufus is the most unique beag we have known as he was "influenced by Duke AND Goober"! But he is Pop's most prized companion & it will be a very sad day when his time is up! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif (Rufus is 11 yrs old, but he is still killing birds)! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, Rufus is a rescue beag from a loving family...Er,the Man of the house realized that he was too active for his very young kids to contain to his yard & the fact that a previously adopted golden retriever killed a cat that belonged to a neighboring "county mounty"s family. He decided to wait until his kids were older to have such demanding pets! As a supporter of law-enforcement... I promised him that Rufus would be "very well taken care of" by my Dad! (Rufus is Pop's favourite) & now that he has been paired with Nibbler, they...Enjoy a heated & air-conditioned sleeping quarters! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Btw, For the newbies here, Rufus was a 1 yr old beag when Pop adopted him in 1997! Rufus howled @ the loss of Duke in 1999 after every evening meal until he was paired with Nibbler in 2001! :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts