Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks we ask for you to remember us tomorrow: our ole boy Crook has got to go under the knife. He has a pocket in the flap of his ear that sprang up about 3-4 weeks ago (best way I can describe it is: it is kinda like a cheese won-ton~feels like a pocket of gel inside the floppy part of his ear). Our vet has tried medication to no avail, so tomorrow they are gonna clean it out. Crook is over 8 yrs old and naturally I just worry about him.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Registered
702 Posts
Poor Crook -- He'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure he'll do just fine and be very happy not to have that nasty stuff on his ear. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Daisy sends a big kiss to Crook -- she's eight years old, too!

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
614 Posts
don't worry too much!

Hotdog had the same thing happen to both of his ears, his was caused from him shaken his head all the time and the blood vessel in his ears bursted, and filled his ears with blood and turned into puss if left along for a long period of time.

he will have to wear a collar cone thing, to keep him from scratching his ears.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Nothing to worry about, Bob. My previous two had those 'pockets' on both their ears, too. Like Madison said, it's a result of excessive shaking and the blood vessels burst. All my vet had to do was to cut a small opening on each ear to let the blood/pus out, put on some medication and let them dry up naturally. No stitches even!! Anyway, those pouches when completely drained and dried up made my dogs' ears look kind of permanently shriveled /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Belly rubs for poor Crook, but he'll be fine /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Registered
333 Posts
Get well soon Crook! Get lots of extra goodies when you come back from the vet!! Give them those sad doggie/puppy eyes!! It works everytime!! :heart:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Awww little Crook, I'm sure everything will be fine, and he'll be feeling better before you know it!

Thinking of you and your family Crook :angel:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
We'll keep you both in our thoughts! I had a kitty, Jasper, that had this surgery and he was good to go very quickly. Hope you have the same experience.

*Scritches* for Crook.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers in Crook's direction! Hopefully, his procedure is all done by now and he is doing great! Please be sure to give us an update.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Hope all went well and please let us know. Thinking of you and crook :heart:

·
Registered
448 Posts
:thumbup: Sending some good vibes your way, hopefully the minor surgery went well and everything is good there! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Judi and the crew

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Any word on Crook ??? Hope all went well ...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I hope that by now Crook's home, and that all is well. His problem sounds like one my first beagle mix, Gunner had. He did just fine after the surgical procedure.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hope Crook is back hope and has you feeding him bon-bons! Shasta had to make a quick trip to the Vets today also. Unlike Crook, hers was just an office visit. She had what we think was a cyst rupture on her leg Sat., which she of course would not leave alone. Hopefully some Rx's and a "mummy wrap" on her leg will help it heal. She sends her Beagle regards to Crook and says "milk it for everything you can - they owe you"!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey everyone!

First off, sorry for not following up sooner...tuned out to be a longer day than expected :freak:

Ear is doing great!

But!! We have been watching a growing prostate problem with Crook for several weeks now too. Well, our vet checked him yesterday again and said he was still badly swollen. So, we made descision to have him fixed while he was there.

Poor boy is sore on both ends now. Last night was rough watching him. He didn't shake off the anesthesia very quickly. All evening he w..a..l..k..e..d around with on eye closed and the other barely open. Slept most of the time (on my lap of course).

This morning brought a whole new look though. He was up, alert and awake. Seemed like he fely MUCH better.

Thank you for all the kind words of encouragement!!

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
That is so good to hear that everything went well and that he is feeling better today. They are always good and tired after surgery. Here's hoping for a quick recovery.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts