Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to visit my parents this weekend (Jason was on travel) and of course I took the pups. I'm sure many of you know the battles we've had with Daisy's mysterious issues. She is currently on a prescription allergen-free diet and pepcid. She has been doing great for the last month so I've been really excited that maybe we've found a solution. Well this weekend while I was at my parents, Daisy managed to get into one of their dogs food (AGAIN!!). The first time she got into their dogs food was when she pushed open the lid of the food container and gorged herself. It hadn't been snapped closed all the way and she was just tall enough to stick her head it.

Well this time, my parents were very sure to snap the lids closed. They forgot though that there was some left in the bag and they had rolled it up tight and put it on the floor not too far from the food containers. Well, my mom and I had gone out and my dad was in bed sick, so the dogs were all left to roam the house. When we came home, I thought and said Daisy's tummy sure looks big. But we couldn't find anything that she could have gotten into. About a half hour later my mom found the bag of dog food unrolled and hidden behind one of the chairs. The little sneak had taken it back there and filled her belly!

It would have been funny, actually it was... except then she had one of her episodes! It wasn't nearly as bad as it has been in the past but it was so frustrating because I had been so careful to keep her diet strict. Anyway, she's such a trouble maker! But... sigh... I love her anyway!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear Daisy had another episode. The Pepcid works wonders for Violet when she has one, is there any way you can give Daisy an extra dose for the times when she does eat something that sets her off?

On a side note.....what a smart girl! LOL She knows what she wants and how to get it!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally Posted By: ZookeeperI'm so sorry to hear Daisy had another episode. The Pepcid works wonders for Violet when she has one, is there any way you can give Daisy an extra dose for the times when she does eat something that sets her off?

On a side note.....what a smart girl! LOL She knows what she wants and how to get it!
I usually give her an extra dose and it sometimes seems to help. I just can't get the little monster to behave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts