Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today at the little parkette near home, Booker decided to go one better than her usual favourite thing of going in back of the bushes and eating poop (origin unknown) - today she decided to roll in the poop too. I got a call from a disgusted Marc saying she was my dog and he wanted nothing more to do with her... he didn't REALLY mean it and after hosing her down in the parkade he allowed her to come back into the house, but she is definitely not allowed to come onto the bed and is quite decidedly not in his good books right now!

And with her trick today she has officially replaced Moosie in the dog house - after he decided just at the start of a nice long walk yesterday to roll in something green and disgusting that smelled ALMOST as bad as Booker's choice today (we think goose poop but it was slimier and stinkier than it usually is)... He was making us both gag and we still had quite a long way to go on our walk, so we forced him to go for a little swim and washed off as much as we could at the time (although therefore transferring some of the horrible smell to our hands, clothes and - after I stupidly touched it - my hair), and then we gave him a full wash in the parkade when we got back.

Now we are just waiting to find out what Popcorn is going to roll in to make the full set...

Beagles!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It's not just beagles. A few years ago, our Traveler found something extremely vile in the woods. Not only did he roll in it, he ate it!

A bath helped the smell on him, but the smell in his digestive system hung on for days!
I think that was one of the vilest odors ever. We almost needed gas masks in order to be around Traveler.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Both mine LOVE to roll in anything good and stinky!! It drives me absolutely batty!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
ours will roll around in the backyard, but not usually in anything stinky knock on wood
...I think they like the grass to do some scratching

·
Registered
120 Posts
Oh ewwwww Ya know i just dont get why rolling in something so smelly is a thrill?? LOL
And goose poop is avery tempting to Baxter!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Molly rolled in a rotten avacado the other day. Because it's been so dry for so long, most of the avacados have fallen off the tree when the wind blows. Well, I must have missed picking one up, and guess who found it. It wasn't to smelly, but it was pretty gross looking. I got her all cleaned up and my lab came in the same way. Luckily I got the rotten avacado up before anyone else got to it.

Usually it's my Jack Russell who rolls in nasty stuff. She goes out looking for lizzards to stalk and kill and then rolls in them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Poo is not the best of things to roll in especially when 2 thirds of your dogs is doing it!!

Luckily Poppy is very awere of poop on the floor & steers well clear unless its cat poo then she just eats it, errrr & why???

Also sometimes whilst Poppy is squatting having a number 1, Teddy will come along, cock his leg & wee all over her, Great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts