Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to give both my furbabies a bath

I was having a nice relaxing bath myself when I could smell poop. I thought the kitty and been in her litter tray. After my bath I got out and went to check but the tray was empty

I went downstairs and the smell of poop hit me. There sitting on the fireside rug waiting for their mamma where two beagles covered in poop

I haven't worked out whether it was dog or cat poop from the garden but trust me when I say the whole house STANK up to high heaven.

They had obviously been out the doggie door and found some to roll in and had the time of their lives from the looks of things. If they didn't smell so bad I would have got my camera and taken a poopy picture

Oh what fun they are...I don't think

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
They were probably dismayed when you didn't jump for joy.

Man, it is one of the real oddities in Beags. I know other breeds do it also but for a breed that is so clean, they will roll in the nastiest stink pile they can find then eat it and act like they are so proud of their accomplishments.

Maybe thats why they are afraid of water. They are afraid it will wash off their exploits.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Geez, I can smell it all the way to here...

I never understand this. I remember one time that my neighbor and I took the beagles for a walk in the forest, we had a great 2 hours and just before we got back into the car, his dog, Abby, just smeared herself in poop (which I saw in the last second before she did it but it was too late).... needless to say the ride home didn't smell of roses

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally Posted By: Star Wars Beagle
Oh, gross...
Yep it sure was and you've got all this to come haha.

They are both fast alseep now without a care in the world and I've had two baths

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm glad the Bagel likes fresh cow patties to roll in, Cow Pooh don't smell that bad and you can just hose off the Bagel to keep the stink outside. It is the trip in the car till you can get to water that is difficult
Give the girls some love from bagel and I

·
Registered
865 Posts
When we lived in the country, Toby had a preference for horse poo! Oh, he would smell terrible. He did it so often that no matter how many times I bathed him he would still have a faint smell of horse dung! I don't miss that!!!!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the good part about it all is the little darlings have lovely soft fur and the white bits look really white. The down side is they shed more after a bath and the whole house is covered in a carpet of beagle hair

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Lucky for me my two do not roll in poo. They roll in worms. Now there is a smell that only a full bath can get rid of.
Summer always rolls in it and comes to me to get luvins.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Oofah!</span>

·
Registered
889 Posts
Ours always find fox pooh.
Last year they discovered badger pooh.
Twice as bad.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not smelt Badger poo but I'm sure it's bad. Fox poo is extremely strong and makes me gag when I smell it. I've never known the dogs to roll in thier own poo so I'm quite sure now that it was next doors cats poo. They always use my garden as a toilet whereas my cat uses her litter tray.

I'm thinking they might have eaten some too because they have both been unwell today.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Lucy and Flora don't usually roll in poo, just on dead worms, like Murphy and Summer. Oh, the beautiful spring-time scent of dead worm!

Jennifer, you have my sympathy. Cat poo is quite potent!

Sylvia

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Lucky loves to roll in other dog's poo not his own. I hate when he does this since his skin is so sensitive and it gets all red when he has to be scrubbed down! Silly beagles!!!

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Oh yes, Charlie did that before.
But now he plays with it. The weather has been very dry here lately, and guess what, he plays with his poop like playing ball.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts