Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on in a while, but our Bo passed on a few months ago. He was a West Virginia stray, sitting in a kill shelter, possibly hit by a car. He made is way to us in New York State through a rescue service. No one wanted to adopt him because he was already thought to be about 7, with health problems. My wife and I fell in love with him immediately.

In his 8 years with us he beat cancer, toughed out epilepsy, and dealt with a slew of good days and bad days with his back legs due to whatever trauma he suffered before he was in our home. And he became my best friend, shadow, napping partner, and source of daily amusement. He was a great dog who was always happy in spite of his many health problems. Bo got to be a spoiled, lazy country beagle for the last half of his life.

Old age caught up with him, but we felt grateful that he lived so long given his challenges. We miss him dearly but were blessed to have this crazy beagle in our life.

RIP Bo Jackson.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounds wonderful, and that he landed in a wonderful home.

RIP Bo.

Reactions: jcorwin196

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can’t imagine, I’v Only had Dodger for coming up on a year now, and if I lost him I’d be devastated, I can only imagine by virtue of owning Dodger, God Bless your Bo, and I am sorry for your lose God Bless

·
Registered
10 Posts
I haven't been on in a while, but our Bo passed on a few months ago. He was a West Virginia stray, sitting in a kill shelter, possibly hit by a car. He made is way to us in New York State through a rescue service. No one wanted to adopt him because he was already thought to be about 7, with health problems. My wife and I fell in love with him immediately.

In his 8 years with us he beat cancer, toughed out epilepsy, and dealt with a slew of good days and bad days with his back legs due to whatever trauma he suffered before he was in our home. And he became my best friend, shadow, napping partner, and source of daily amusement. He was a great dog who was always happy in spite of his many health problems. Bo got to be a spoiled, lazy country beagle for the last half of his life.

Old age caught up with him, but we felt grateful that he lived so long given his challenges. We miss him dearly but were blessed to have this crazy beagle in our life.

RIP Bo Jackson.

View attachment 42127
I am so sorry for your loss

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't understand why more people do not adopt adult dogs. They make the best pets and live pretty long lives, as yours has attested. Sorry for your loss Go make another shelter dog as happy as yours was.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts