Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

It's been a very long time since I've stopped by but I figured I was due to post some pictures of the kids. They are both doing absolutely great.

Scarlett has learned a new trick as well.... When I go to bed at night Rhett will climb under the covers but Scarlett will stay on the couch. After an hour or so she'll come running into the bedroom and give off a bark where Rhett will jump out of bed and run out of the room and Scarlett will steal his warm spot on the bed. After a few minutes Rhett will come back but needs to find a new place to lay lol

Attachments

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Gorgeous pair!
It sounds like Scarlett knows how to get a warm spot. If Rhett ever catches on to her ploy, she'll have to think of something new.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Wow... Scarlett is so big now
I still remember the photos of when you first brought her home, she was so tiny an cute

They are both beautiful!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She's still tiny compared to Rhett but the cute factor isn't always there lol.

It's funny that Rhett believes that he owns all the toys in the house but if she finds one that she can't live without she turns into a rabid dog. I've never seen a dog bark, growl and chew down on a squeaky toy all at the same time. Funniest noise I've ever heard in my life.

They are a perfect example of why you should have more then one though. I think the combined personality of both of them is what makes them them!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
What a beautiful pair. I so love their names. What a clever girl Scarlett is to play the bed trick on her brother .

·
Registered
959 Posts
What a hoot! They are beautiful kids, doesn't that bark scare you out of the bed? I'd be ready to run myself. But those beagles, they are just too bright!

Cathy
Casie and Cobi's mom

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Its great to hear from you and see your beautiful pictures. We have Beaglefest coming up in Bothell on the 14th. If you are interested in the information send me a PM.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I also love their names. I think it's cool to give dogs names with literary meanings. I mentioned in another post that I almost named Henry Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird. His name comes from a combination of my mom's childhood beagle who had 'Henry' in his registered name, and also because I love Henry David Thoreau's work. Nerd, I know!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I echo the sentiments -- they are beautiful dogs and have cool names.

My older dog's name is Duce, after the football player Duce Staley. My husband named him -- surprise! After that, my mother-in-law told him I get to pick out the next dog's name, but she already had her name, Brandy, when we adopted her from Cascade Beagle Rescue. So I'm still waiting to name my own dog!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
They are very pretty/dainty (Scarlett) and handsome (Rhett). Love their names.

Sadie does that trick to Pooh Bear to get him off the couch when he is in her favorite spot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.