Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's 10 months old, and I just picked him up today from the humane society. He's a mix, but most of his traits seem to come from the beagle part of him.

He was neutured today since our city requires it to adopt from the HS, and he was really tired/ uneasy at first. He threw up a couple times (green, since they also tattoo him for some reason, and he licked a bit), but he seems to be back to almost normal now.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW, Rex! He's adorable. Any ideas what else he's mixed with? He looks tall. Whatever it is he's mixed with, it makes a cutie pie! That's for sure. I can't wait to hear more about him. I hope he settles in and adjusts to his new home without any problems.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Rex is a good-looking boy. :heart: His markings make him look like a small black & tan. Whatever the mix, it's a winner. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't quite figure out what it is that he's mixed with. If you have any ideas, though, let me know. All they knew at the HS was that he is a mix, and an owner turn in. There was another one that looked a lot like him, so they could have been brothers. I was going to ask for some help with crate training, but since i started this post, I've managed to get him in the crate, and he's still in there with the door open.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Welcome Rex! He is sure cute and houndy. He reminds me a bit of Moosie when we first adopted him before he became more... well, solid. The colouring is quite different but there is something about how he carries himself.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
He looks like a sweet dog. I'm sure he'll feel better by tomorrow and get to start enjoying his new home.

·
Registered
135 Posts
that is a good looking dog, he is even in the bathroom, my pups favorite place!!! :hi:

·
Registered
124 Posts
hi, he is really cute. Keep us updated on how he is settling in, suzy q was anxious for three days, but after that it was like she was raised here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:Originally posted by bpeery:
that is a good looking dog, he is even in the bathroom, my pups favorite place!!! :hi:
He loves laying down right next to the tub...I assume it has something to do with the cool floor and the surgery, but I could be wrong. He's starting to take to crate training, and hopefully is ok. I have to work tomorrow for about 8 hours, and I'm worried about leaving him alone all day, especially in a crate. Would it be a problem if I left him in the bathroom if he has problems with the crate, or should I keep him in there either way? He slept in it last night, but the door was open since I was still introducing him to the crate. I'm going to close the door tonight and see how it goes.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Rex is a cutie! I would suggest keeping him in the crate during the day. He is new to the house and may get excited and upset if you leave him alone in the bathroom. Better to be safe than to come home with your bathroom door all scratched up...I know from experience.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't think about the door, but now that you mention it, that makes sense. I closed the door on the room where his food is in to see how he would do, and he scratched at the door within seconds. He's starting to feel more at home now, I think. He's been eating and playing a lot more, and he gets into the crate willingly, which I praise him for.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Rex is so handsome! I would also keep in the crate just to avoid any issues he may have when you leave. He looks like he is settling in quite well! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think so, I just moved some more things from my old apartment and was gone for a little over an hour. He was asleep in his crate while I left and he's still asleep now. We came back from the vet and she said he's very healthy, and seems to obey pretty well. He threw up on the way home, though, just like yesterday. At least this time I was able to slip something in front of him so it wasn't on the cloth. He got a booster shot, so he was either feeling uneasy about that, or he gets carsick. I'm hoping it's just from the booster.

Oh, and the vet said her guess would be either coonhound or possibly even German Shepard because of the texture and color of his coat. He's 26 pounds, and she thinks he'll put on more weight over the next few days, and that he's not quite done growing.

·
Registered
794 Posts
he's very good-looking, and I love his name, Rex!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
He looks happy in some of the pictures, and considering all the "vet stuff" he's been through, I wouldn't worry about the vomit--it seems pretty normal.
I'm sure the other Beagle owners might think so, too.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Welcome to BW. What a handsome beagle you have, I'd say he is more beagle than anything. Whatever the mix he has turned out fine. Good luck with the training and thanks for rescuing him.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW, Rex! He looks very relaxed in the second set of pics -- actually, so relaxed I thought he was smoking a cigarette in the first pic in that series ... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I would have to agree with your vet about the possibility of coonhound or shepherd being in his mix. It doesn't matter to us at all -- he is a beagle!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Oh Chris! He's beautiful. He looks so much like Pegan, my foster dog that was adopted this week at 12 months old. I miss him so much. I figured beagle/lab cross for Pegan as he had a much longer snout and way more hair than a beagle. Good on you for rescuing too. He's going to be a great dog.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts