Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadie and Pooh Bear both got what we call the "Snorks" yesterday. It is the reverse sneeze. They started doing it at lunch time and have done it off and on during the night too. They sound kind of congested and like they have something up their nose. They have never had the snorks for this long. We have a lot of pollen in the yard now. Anyway, I was a bit worried that they are still snorky.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Give your vet a call, it could be allergies. Antihistamine should help. Also, if you want to help them out, make sure their collars are not too tight and once in a rev sneeze, gently pinch closed their nose and rub their throat until they lick. It should break the cycle.

·
Registered
439 Posts
murphy's dad is correct. or what i do is put to fingers over bernies nose holes,hold them there til he swallows, and its over. happens really quickly. it sounds like bernie has a big goose in his belly! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
If it's allergens I would give them a bath...whatever they're sensitive to could be hanging all over their coats constantly exposing them to it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Oliver has been doing that as well every now and then when we take him for a walk.
Allergies have been terrible here in the desert this summer.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey does that frequently. The pollen here has been terrible. Like MD said, pinch their noses shut. They'll have to swallow and it will make them stop. The last time Jersey was having bad attacks, her vet gave me some allergy medication for her. It's a prescription strength Chlortrimiton. It works great. Benadryl helps too. I actually use a generic one from Sam's. It was less than $4 for 400 pills compared to $15 for the Benadryl version. I checked with the pharmacist and it's the exact same thing.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all!! They got over it today. I gave them their Tavist Allergy pills this morning.

I did try pinching their noses shut and having them swallow, but it wasn't working. I think they just sniffed up too much pollon yesterday.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
FYI,

To stop a human from snezzzzzzing, grab the top of the throat just above the "triangle" and give a little pressure.

Just a little something I picked up along the way.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Last night Fin started off the night by my feet but managed to wiggle his way up to my pillow. Well around 3am I had a beagle nose in my face and the reverse sneezes were in full force. Who just sneezes in someone's face while they are sleeping??? Only a beag of course. Well anyways I used the trick of placing my fingers over his nostrils and they stopped right away! I was so excited cause he usually has 5 minute spells of them and he only did it a few times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts