Our Beagle World Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Petplan insurance is the one I have for my Annie, and its low enough cost that Im not complaining too much, like 22 a month no setup fee. The Banfield plans (NOT to be confused with Insurance) is awesome for puppies, not so much for adults unless you have a senior with constant problems that needs frequent visits. Ive never seen a vet hospital offer such a really well thought out comprehensive yearly plan for pups that covers the cost of all preventatives (vaccines, deoworming) and surgery for spay/neuter. It is pricey but worth it I think. If you are looking for a really economical alternative to owning a pup the county shelter usually offers vaccines at around 5 to 15 dollars and they dont BS you with trying to sell you stuff. Petco and other chain stores (minues Petsmart, they have banfield) usually have vaccine clinics with low cost prepaid packages for all vaccines that may even include amicrochip. Note: you should never have to pay more then 30 dollars TOPS for a microchip, and an office visit/fee is absolutley uneccesary. For spays/neuters check with Humane society and shelters, Ive seen them as low as 35 dollars- I mean it is true that you get what you pay for but if its a matter of getting the dog taken care of or making your mortgage there are less expensive alternatives.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Wow...I had no idea how expensive puppies vet bills are! I should have put in some research BEFORE we got the pup, although I can't say that after staring into her eyes we would have done it differently. But just yesterday, we spent 137.86 at the vet for 2 shots (her last booster, lyme) and some some nasal drops vaccine thing....does that seem standard? I do believe their office visits are around 30-25 bucks for an adolecent pup AND we did get heart guard and Frontline as well.....so I "guess" for the money, it seems ok? I dunno....doesn't matter, I wuv her. But I can easily see how owners of several dogs would feel the crunch!! God Bless Ya!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
it's a must

Ace was sick with gastritis three times, I had to take him to the ER, at night, the bill was close to $700.
I have the PetsBest Insurance and got back 80%.
I only bought the simple insurance but if you have the wellness plan they pay a part of the vaccinations, dewormer and other things. Of course it is pricier , I think around $50, now I pay $ 35/month.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
There are resources check with the acc and aspca they have outsource programs to assit you also there is a book its called home remedies for dogs it has a lot of great things that work and vets wrote the book as well. u can get a used copy on amazon check it out it helps cut vet costs also u should consider animal insurance for the dog its cheap and helps when things are tight it can be as low as $15 per month and cover an array of things.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts