Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NorCal rescue has listed on their site that ehy are expecting some research beagles, 2 adorable males soon, with more to come.

I don't know why I look at their site, it makes me want more and I'm at my limit with animals! Wah. So many cute beagles and such sweet faces I want them all.

Here's a link for anybody interested in the research beagles they're getting in.

http://norcalbeagles.com/cgi/Adopt.pl

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'll definitely inquire about expanding the pack!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Ahhhh! I wish I hadn't done that. I'm in tears now. I wish I had the money and land to help them all! I'm in love with Alli, the chocolate and white one. I've never seen a Beagle with those markings before. She's stunning!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oh wow, so many and so beautiful. I too would have loved to take Alli in, she reminds me of my Chloe in the way she poses for the camera, and her size..... another portable baby

·
Registered
91 Posts
I heard about these little ones from my friend in Fresno yesterday. They're wonderful, I hope they'll be adopted soon. God bless them and the ones caring for them.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey momtothreebeagles, I'm in Fresno too! Is your friend involved in beagle rescue? We had such a hard time finding a young female rescue around here and ended up going to LA to adopt Violet from United Hope for Animals.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Originally Posted By: ZookeeperHey momtothreebeagles, I'm in Fresno too! Is your friend involved in beagle rescue? We had such a hard time finding a young female rescue around here and ended up going to LA to adopt Violet from United Hope for Animals.
She is! She's plugged in to the local rescues and monitors the beagles that need homes. She has rat terriers of her own and can't take in any more at this point but would love to foster or rescue a beagle when she can. She did foster a beagle last year for NorCal that found a great home. Let me know what you need (if anything) and I will hook you up with the right beagle people/rescues. I seem to have organized a good network of rescues over the past four years all over the continent. Hugs to you and to Violet, I bet she's a sweet girl!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's great to know! I know of a few people that were looking, but found one. But I will get your friend's info when I hear of another. At some point, I think fostering would be rewarding. We had seriously considered fostering labs in the next year or two, but think beagles may be the better choice since they would fit in with the pack and be easier to handle.

Violet is a sweet girl. But she has a naughty streak in her, too, which is too cute to watch (since it's Duke she takes it out on). Poor Duke has his hands full with her, that's for sure. But she is such a little lovey and my big snuggle bug. We just love her and she is the perfect addition to our family.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Alex, I think they rescue their beagles from a variety of sources--including shelters, medical research facilities, and individual surrenders.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Java is correct and Alex, I had the same problem here in Fresno. Any beagle that was on Craigslist or in the paper or shelter was gone quickly.

Violet was a shelter dog in San Gabriel (LA area) and United Hope coordinated her adoption, but she stayed in the shelter and that's where we actually went to pick her up (that's also where she was spayed and my vet was very impressed with the job they did). Poor little baby was a pound puppy!

I think it is harder to find beagles in the pounds in California because Norcal and Beagles and Buddies are large organizations that search for beags to get them out of the shelters and into foster homes instead, so they can have good lives while waiting for their forever homes.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Adopting a beagle from a rescue is just as good as adopting one from the pound ... it makes room for just one more beagle to be rescued from the pound by the rescue. You will also find that the beagle will come fully vetted, altered, shots, other health concerns at least known and maybe even addressed. I highly recommend either when looking for your next addition to the beagle pack.

·
Registered
40 Posts
NCBR is where we adopted Benji and Carlo. Sam, our Beagle we lost to cancer a year ago also came from there. It's the only way I'd get a dog from now on.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I adopted Lilo from NCBR and I fully endorse their professionalism and knowledge. I'd adopt from them again in a heartbeat!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts