Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I am a new beagle owner from Newfoundland, Canada.
I got my dog yesterday at a beagle rescue shelter. He is a beautiful brown and white 1 year old that my 3 year old son adores and has named Toopy

I am hoping to train him a little more then he is and will probably look here for some advice on how to approach that.
For now, I will just say hello, and hope to talk to you all more in the future

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Hello Robyn and Toopy. What a cute name. lol I look forward to getting to know you and your loved ones. We love pictures around here when you get a chance.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. You will find lots of helpful and knowledgeable people here.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome! It's great that you rescued Toopy (cute name) they say no one loves you more than a rescued dog!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. I am going to browse the info on uploading pictures, then I will properly introduce my new friend

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i hope i've resized these correctly, my software gives me a size to: best for web option. I tried that one
if it is still too large I will try a different option. Apologies in advance

Attachments

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
to BW! Your son and Toopy are both adorable. Your picture size is perfect (you can actually make them a bit bigger if you want). I also adopted a one year old beagle, Maggie, who is going to be 14 in June. Keep in mind that rescues can come with some baggage so you may need to re-train in addition to training.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hi welcome. Your boys are beautiful.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks all!
I love my new dog. Toopy is so sweet and I can't wait to start training him to get the best relationship possible for everyone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Robyn, This is sort of odd.4 years ago I left BW and there was a lady from northern alberta named Robyn and I'm pretty sure her husband was a member of our armed forces. Coincidence?

Anyway I 've got bad news. You are the one that will be trained because Beagles are just so smart. And yours is so cute.

I hear they have a big problem in NL (i'm from NS) with overpopulation and lack of homes for Beags. The biggest Beag rescue in canada Beagle Paws is in NL. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Oh Robyn, I just came back into this thread and saw the pictures. Your boys are both quite handsome. I am assuming the little human is who named your new friend Toopy. What dolls.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Beautiful little boy & very cute beagle
I am sure they are become best friends like Charlie Brown & Snoopy

Welcome to BW

1 - 20 of 22 Posts