Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> <span style="color: #3333FF"> </span>
Well, I havent been here in a long time to post. I started off at BeagleWorld b/c I rescued my Snoopy (now about 4)..

Since then I have had a huge passion into animal rescue....my poor Snoopy is scared of everyone that passes by...for years we have had him, tried to reverse it, but he is terrified of all humans...but he LOVES us and is so Happy to be with us...so I wanted to get into rescue to help other dogs like Snoops.

I moved to S. Cali, now Im part of so many groups, I cant name them all..but the ASPCA, Best Friends, Save Our Strays, Beagles and Buddies, OCSPCA, and so many more...I wanted to do SOMETHING.....this forum is why I got into this! I came here just wanting to get advice on how to handle my Snoopy, now Im here b/c Snoopy changed my life...Now, I want to focus on animal rescue!!

This forum made me almost change my whole life..Im an ER doc..but I cannot give up my job, but I cut my shifts in half just to do animal rescue..b/c of you guys....you care and so do i..FI isnt happy about it, but it is my passion!!

Manda
Moved to Cali 1 yr ago, now

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
What a sweet and heartfelt post, Manda. I know this board and the people here with their rescue stories are the main reason Dave and I decided to get our little rescue, Violet (we call her our pound puppy because though United Hope coordinated her adoption, she was actually at the San Gabriel Shelter). I can't imagine our house without her in it and Duke loves her so much.

I think the work you do with rescues is amazing and how wonderful that you and all the other volunteers take time from your lives to help these innocent creatures. I have been seriously thinking about fostering rescues at some point in the future, my only fear is not being able to let them go.

I love the fact that there are so many rescues on this board and it think it speaks volumes for the love all these members have for the beagle breed and all animals!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.