Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well one of my favorite online retailers fetchdog has a contest that i thought i'd tell everyone about.

Its a rescue dog, story dog contest, the winner gets 1000 to their dog charity, and 100 to spend on the site.

link

i know there are lots of great rescue stories here. give it a go

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
I looked it up but only, quote: legal residents of the USA are allowed to enter. Had a giggle at that, would illegal residents try it?
Good luck if you enter a story.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Originally Posted By: A doghouseI looked it up but only, quote: legal residents of the USA are allowed to enter. Had a giggle at that, would illegal residents try it?
Good luck if you enter a story.
Believe me, they would try!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oh how neat. They just scored in my books doing something for a charity. I've never heard of them before. I pretty much stick to a locally owned pet store in town because of little things they do like this.
That's awesome!

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally Posted By: ShoppyOh how neat. They just scored in my books doing something for a charity. I've never heard of them before. I pretty much stick to a locally owned pet store in town because of little things they do like this.
That's awesome!
same here! i almost never shop at deathco or deathmart, i like local family owned pet shops. even having friends that work at either of those places i wouldn't give them my money if i can avoid it, of course sometimes htere is no choice but to get something there, but anyway fetchdog is one of my fave places because they have so many unique toys and doggy things, some of their problem solvers are genius lol

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hey!

I do support the local Pet-Smart here. They sponsor pet adoption days for local shelters, dogs and cats, rather than deal with puppy mills. I've never been to the Petco here but I here it's pretty bad.

If I had my way, there would be no live pets sold at pet shops at all; only pet supplies. But that's just me.

~Denise

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
What a great contest! I'll have to enter for Violet.

I agree that Petsmart does a lot of good for rescues with their adoption days and the donations they take at the register for homeless shelters. I have never been a Petco customer, only because it's not convenient for me to go there.

Denise, I totally agree about pets not being sold at supply stores.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi Zookeeper,

I cringe when I see animals at pet shops. There was a petshop here in Roanoke that sold live animals including puppies. I knew of two incidents of sick puppies at the place. Eventually, it became public and they stopped selling puppies! They still sell birds and fish and hamsters but at least no more puppies.

Denise

1 - 11 of 11 Posts