Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I'm a volunteer for A Darrah Bull Bully Rescue in Central PA. Last August a local teenage I know brought me two puppies that she found in a barn after finding their mother shot and killed. At the time, the pups were only 3 weeks old and we had little to no idea what breed(s) they were. I bottle fed them, nursed them back to health and they were adopted out through our pit bull rescue. About a week ago, the female was returned to me. She has grown into what I assume is a beagle mix. She is now about 8-9 months old, spayed, UTD on shots, and microchipped. She is housetrained, crate trained, and very calm and good with kids. She is also good with cats, and dogs. Her one issue is that she guards her food/crate against other dogs, no human issues that we have assessed. Long story short, we have a demographic of people looking for pits and similar breeds and she is being passed over. I was wondering if you would mind cross posting her picture to your page for us so that she can be seen by the right group of people? I really need for her to be adopted/fostered soon, as I have 6 dogs in my house right now and just started a new job, I will continue to foster her until someone steps up so she is safe. Thank you in advance!

·
Super Moderator
5,088 Posts
Thank you for helping the beagle pup out!

I hope you find her a home soon.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Thank you for fostering her! And welcome to Beagle World too! Maybe you can be a part of both worlds. :D
techie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THank you all. I've contacted a few local(ish) rescues and asked her to be cross posted. Hoping for the best!

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Please start a thread for her here on our adoption forum. I would love to see her picture. Is it OK to share her information? Thank you for saving her. BTW, I am very sorry she was returned for this reason. That is a very manageable problem and she sounds wonderful in every other way.

Jan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for moving the post, I greatly appreciate it. She is a very very sweet pup, calm for a dog of her age. I agree it was a stupid reason for a return. I appreciate anyone willing to share her information as my hope is she will either get adopted or another rescue will step up for her where she would have a better chance of being adopted. I would hate for her to be one of the cases where years go by without adoption. She's at the perfect age now for someone to train and mold her into a very good pet. I'm going to put some pics in this thread feel free to cross post and share her as able <3

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Do you want us to list the rescue? " A Darrah Bull Bully Rescue in Central PA" And do you want us to share the contact info provided?

Good luck with her. She is adorable.
Jan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts