Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stitched back my leather couch, how do you like my job? I used regular needle and thats hurt, I wore gloves so the needle wouldn't poke my fingers as much. Charlie :nono5:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well, I just got through writing a loooooog message and my computer did a "thing" and I lost it all! Anyway, not gonna retype it, but I am very proud of your "dusting yourself off" and fixing that hole!!!!! I know your Mama is getting "over it!" I think they are gonna keep ya! YEA!!!!!Charlie gets to stay!!!!!! How is Dad feeling about it? I bet he's getting over it too! You did a great joy of fixing it. Poor Charlie, I know you just could not help yourself! I'll be posting a little "destruction" story my self a little later!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
You're a braver Beagle-Mom than me. Caesar has chewed 3 holes in our leather couch and I don't think I could repair the damage by myself. Actually, when we move we're just going to take the "chew toy" to the dump and get a new one. But I don't know how to teach him to leave the furniture alone!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Good job Charlie's Mom! Have you tried spraying the couch with Bitter Spray? Or covering the couch with a blanket, then maybe Bitter Spray on the blanket?

My wild litte Sade was a furniture chewer when she was little. That is one reason they stayed in their luxurious pen when we weren't home.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I now have a nice cover over a leather couch, sound a bit strange. People might think we have a dirty old hang me down couch underneath. Charlie is now nippling and pulling strings out from the cloth cover. I scold him if I catch him doing it. Cover is not cheap, over $100!
Have you all ever estimate how much money you have lost on your beagle? I do not mean food toys treats, medical etc, money you spent unexpectedly. I actually did a remodel in the house, hard wood floor. The lawn changed into flag stones. Sprinkler heads into copper heads, dripping heads constantly changing. The list can go on. I better hush before my husband will put a stop! :biglaugh: But I love Charlie dearly!!!

Charlie mom

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great job on the couch! Over the couse of a month, Elizabeth has cost us:

4 sets of mini blinds.... $16
1 set of vertical blinds... $30
1 wire crate... $35
1 perfectly good love seat
1 wooden door frame
1 4-ft exercise pen which she climbs with glee... $75
1 large dog bed... $30 (Sorry about that, Raider)

Lucky for her, having a beagle in our life... priceless.

·
Registered
282 Posts
CharliesMom...Bailey too recently got ahold of my leather couch. I haven't repaired it yet thought, b/c he ended up eating pieces from mine and I was thinking of taking it to a leather repair place. I will have to get a picture to post for you guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts