Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember a while back when I posted looking for these since Daisy had finally chewed through her old one? Well, I'd been striking out everywhere until tonight. PetSmart had 1 left. I guess they are popular, and no one is happier than Daisy.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Glad you found one. Daisy looks like a very happy camper now. Jersey has a few Christmas ones like that. She loves them. I found them at Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks like a fun toy? About how long do they last? I am always on the look out for fun toys that last more than one rough and tumble puppy play session.

·
Registered
400 Posts
is it pretty durable? Java managed to destroy a rubber tire in a few months and I'd love for him to have something to work on for the next couple months hehe

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
It looks like something Maggie would enjoy but I am pretty sure she would take it apart in no time.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The first one that we had lasted from the day we got Daisy until she was about 7 months old. Even then, it wasn't the seam that came undone. She got her teeth to pierce the cloth by chewing the same spot for 10 minutes and once she did that she ripped the ear off. This one is still going strong and she is rough on her toys.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Chewing in one spot is exactly what Maggie does with any kind of cloth toy. She moves her mouth all over it until she finds the squeaker, then she runs around the house squeaking. When she gets tired, she lays down and chews one spot until the fabric tears. She pull the squeaker out and after I take that away she completely unstuffs the toy, throwing the stuffing all around her. Then she takes the empty shell of the toy outside and runs around and around in the yard until she is exhausted. I buy inexpensive stuffed toys and give her a new one every week. She does exactly the same thing every time and doesn't stop until she has completed the whole process.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
That is cute and Daisy looks really happy to have her favorite toy again.

We never had a de-stuffing problem until we got Violet and now the two of them play tug-of-war with all the stuffed toys until they tear them apart! So I have to find something more durable and this looks like it would be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts