Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Squeegee is just now 5 months old. He still has accidents in the house sometimes but seemed to be learning really well. He has learned the go potty command outside and had started going to the door when he needed to go out. He would sit there and look at you until you let him out and if you didn't notice he would go right by the door. He learned no and would stop being naughty if you told him to. He had stopped the rough play biting, he would mouth every now and then but wasn't biting your arms, etc when you were playing with him like he used to. Anyway, it seems like the last few days he has been regressing. He has been going potty on the floor multiple times every day right in front of us, not even bothering to go to the door. He has started running all around when we go outside and acting like he hadn't even heard me tell him to go potty. He's been chewing things up inside and biting like a wild man! I don't know what could have caused this sudden regression? We will, of course, continue to be consistent with his training and I am confident that he will get back to where he was. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this or had any advice?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It's no regression, at 5 months he's teething and you can only imagine how painful it is for him. Make sure you provide him with plenty of chew toys, and everytime he starts biting and chewing stuff he's not supposed to - correct him with a firm no, and when he stops give him a chew toy and praise him.

You can also freeze rinsed hand towels and give it to him to chew on, it calms their gums.

Don't worry it will pass, but in the meantime, get some bitter apple spray and tons of patience, and if you can't supervise him at times - crate him!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Bodie is about the same age as Squeegee. He too was doing great. Then out of nowhere he regressed. Last month, he had several accidents within a few days of each other. These were the first accidents in probably two months. But we stayed the course and continued with our potty-training. So far he hasn't had any more lapses.

I know they say puppy's can still have accidents for the first year, year in a half. So I doubt we've seen the last of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.