Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my 5month beagle puppy has started developing reddish pigmentation in the tummy area since some days. its not itchy but i am worried.
i would also like to point out that he has lately started regurgitating undigested food more often (n&d pumpkin). other wise he is healthy and seems very fine.
i am concerned. i am attaching photographs of it.
do let me know if it could be something serious, will rush him to a vet in that case.
Eyelash Fawn Whiskers Terrestrial animal Snout

Food Ingredient Cuisine Recipe Dish

Registered
When my Nessie was about 6 months something very similar occurred, she had red pimple like spots all over her belly and would sometimes spit out her food. We took her to the vet and discovered that she was allergic to grains especially rice. It surprised us because she hadn't had a food change or anything. Might be helpful to get a vet to have a look, just incase it's a allergy, Nessie had to have a steroid injection to get the spots to go down. Hope your puppy feels well soon. 馃挌

Registered
If it's been over 1 week and hasn't gone away, I agree with ChaiScotNess and would have vet check it to rule out allergies and any intestinal parasites, which can also cause rash. Those beagle noses can pick up just about any parasite that's out and about.

My Ally had a sensitive stomach throughout her life, but no rash. She regurgitated a lot, sometimes due to worms (even with routine health checks and preventative treatments) and we had to change food about every 3-4 years. Seems like she would develop sensitivity to to food over time but there was no way to detect food allergies at the time (she passed in 2019 at 17-18 yrs of age. Last time we had to change her food was when she was 14 and developed Cushing Syndrome. She did fine on the food for the remainder of her life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts