Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always have troubles coming up with what to have for dinner. Shane is a meat and potatoes guy and I could live off of chicken, rice and vegis. But I want something quick and I'm tired of my old recipes.

Does anyone have any yummy dinner recipes (that aren't too complicated) that they would like to share?

My favorite is Salsa Chicken:
2 Chicken breasts
1 cup salsa (I like to use more)
shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray cassarole dish with Pam and place chicken in dish. Pour salsa over chicken. Bake for 45 minutes. For the last 5 minutes bake uncovered with cheese on top. Serve over rice. Yum!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Brandy, you read my minds... I got a great mushroom pie/pasty I wanted to share with you guys:
Ingredients:
1 pack of Penne pasta.
1 basket of mushrooms, sliced.
(50 gr) 2 oz. butter
(200 gr) 7 oz. grated american cheese
2.5 tablespoons mushroom consume
3 eggs
1 container (~15 oz.) cottege cheese
1 container (~15 oz.) white cheese (not sure how you call it here)

Instructions:
Cook the pasta Al-Dante. Saute the mushrooms in butter until it's tender (keep on the side with fluids).
Mix in a bowl (big enough to contain the cooked pasta eventually) the consume, white cheese, cottage cheese, eggs and 3/4 of the grated american cheese.
Add the saute'd mushrooms with the butter fluids, add the pasta and mix well.

Oil an oven pan as best you can, add the mix. Scatter on top the rest of the grated american cheese. Bake at 450-500F for about 20 minutes (covered with aluminum foil). Uncover and keep baking until brown to your desire.

Bon Appetite!

PS - sorry if something is unclear (names and such.... I'm not sure how to say everything in English).

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Salsa chicken sounds yummy.
I normally cook for 4. So try this Chicken and artichokes.
fry 4 chicken breasts until brown,place chicken in casserole dish. Fry a sliced onion.Mix teaspoon of flour into onion mixture. Drain a can of artichoke hearts. Pour 200ml of chicken stock over onions, add artichoke hearts salt and pepper. Pour over chicken breasts cook for 35 minutes. can be eaten with rice, noodles or chips.

Another quick one is pork and apricots.
Slice up a pork filet, toss in flour and fry in butter until brown. Throw in a can of apricots and a dash of soy sauce salt and pepper. simmer for 20 minutes. Ready

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those recipes sound great!

Sandy you're too funny

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sandy, toooo funny, hint have it delivered then you don't have to get made up.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: SandyjHere's my favorite recipe:

1. Comb hair and fix makeup
2. Get in the car
3. Drive to restaurant of choice
That's my idea of dinner too! And if they do delivery or at least curb side pick-up, even better!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I've been experimenting with burritos lately...I've put anything and everything in them and it's mostly been tasty...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally Posted By: Henry's MomI've been experimenting with burritos lately...I've put anything and everything in them and it's mostly been tasty...
Mostly? Now I'm curious...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yeah, occasionally I don't get my flavors quite right...I'm one of those weird people who mixes food, but found out the hard way that cayenne ranch is not my fav....lol.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Yummy, quick and easy:

Shrimp Tacos

Shrimp
Taco shells (corn)
lettuce
lime
salsa
cheese

Either steam or fry the shells (I like to use the Forman grill), while stirfrying the shrimp. Put the shrimp in the shell, add some lettuce, salsa and cheese, squeeze lime on top and enjoy!

You can make as many or few as you'd like. I often do this as a substitute dinner for myself when the guys are having something really fatty because this is also very healthy if you use cooking spray instead of oil for the tortillas (or steam them).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Firstly, thank you everyone for sharing all of these wonderful recipes!! They all sound great and I'm sure my dogs are going to love them!

If your dog is a big fan of pumpkin, then you have to check out these treats

Pumpkin Dog Treats Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup of water
Optional ingredients: cinnamon and flax chia seeds.

FULL RECIPE HERE: https://acedogblog.com/recipe-for-pumpkin-dog-treats/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts