Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pooh Bear, who is never sick is sick. He threw up his entire supper on the bed last night about 9 p.m. Then threw up again at midnight and again 3 more times until his stomach was empty. Just now at 5:30 a.m. he ate a little grass outside and threw that right up. He just drank some water. I know not to panick. And I know to try him on either nothing or cooked rice today. Sadie had a bought of this on Thursday.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Abby was "sick" also recently. She threw up blood and had diarrhea. I took her to the vet and he couldn't find anything wrong with her.

He gave her two injections and she's been fine ever since as far as I can tell.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I don't know whether or not dogs can catch ailments from each other, but it sounds like that's what happened with Pooh. Hope he feels better soon, and give him a tummy rub for me.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
It does sound rather like Pooh caught a bug. If hes not better tomorrow then a visit to the vet is called for. Ours are often icky, but it doesnt last more than 24 hours, usually.
Hope he is well soon.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Oh Poor Pooh......he's been such a strong, healthy boy all the time his sister has been struggling through her health problems.

Perhaps.....he only felt it was HIS turn for extra tummy rubs, and time at the top of mom's worry-list. :angel:

I hope he's all well tomorrow...... :angel:

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He has had cooked rice and boiled chicken today. He has done fine with it thank heavens. No more throwing up today. I'll keep up this regimen for the rest of today and probably tomorrow too.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hope Pooh Bear is feeling better now. There does seem to be something going around. Austin had the rumbbly tummy for a couple of days. In our case I would almost bet that he has snagged either some fallen crab apples or green apples the squirrels have tossed down. How he can eat them I will never understand, but eat them he does. :pukey:

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mr. Pooh Bear got a normal breakfast this morning. Sadie too. When one of them is sick and on the rice and boiled chicken diet, I have them both do it. It is just easier because the sick one would eat the food that the well one is eating. You all with multiple Beagles know how that goes. So they were both very happy to have their normal breakfast this morning.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, Pooh Bear has done fine all day Sunday and today. But when I came home from work he ran outside to eat grass and threw up some foamy liquid (sorry). His poo has been fine through out this. He did go poo and it looked good, but had grass in it. I called his vet to see about getting him an appt. They are booked up for several days. So I described what had been going on to the receptionist. She is a young girl, nothing wrong with being young, but I could tell she is not experienced. She put me on hold and talked to the vet and came back and they said it sounded like he was developing a sensitive stomach. I'm not so sure, but it could be. They said to feed him rice and boiled chicken a few more days and said they could give him some special food to try. any of you familiar with the Hills Science Diet line of food? They gave us some Hills Science Diet w/d canned food. I would normally be confident in what they give us, except when I got there they had some cans for feline. I said Pooh Bear is a doggie. Oh, they say. Then they come out with it in canine formula. One of the other ladies there said oh, what is going on with Pooh? I told her and she said that food is high fiber she tought. I went ahead and got it. I looked it up on the Internet and it says it is for weight management. At the end of the description of the food it does say it can be used for colitis, diarrea and stomach complaint. Anyone familiar with this type of food? thanks all!!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Sorry about little Pooh's tummy complaint.

The vets office sounds a little "off" today.

I don't know about the Hills but I"m bumping this back to the top.

Keep us posted.

~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey has been given the Science Diet w/d formula several times when she's had an upset tummy. I double checked and I have a can of it in the pantry right now. It could be a weight management one as well as it creates a lot of stool! Jersey pooped big piles when she was on it. Just a warning.

I hope Pooh Bear is feeling better soon. Give him some extra loving from Jersey and me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts