Our Beagle World Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Re: Reasons why we love our beagles...share them h

I am amazed that I am not the only one that loves their pet that much. I often times say that I love my Beagle more than my BF...lol.
Without Coco in my life I would not be the person that I am today. I have become a big animal rights rep. How can someone ever be cruel to these animals that gives us so much in helping our world or how people abandon them when they can give soo much to us.
Seeing how carefree his life is beautiful. I enjoy seeing him run after birds in the back yard, wag his tail as I see him through the window when I am pulling up in my drive way, cuddle up with me when he gets cold in the middle of the night or lay on my lap when he knows I am sad. Without my dog...my life would be incomplete...I was just happy & thankful that I have wonderful family, friends & a great dog in life

·
Registered
702 Posts
Re: Reasons why we love our beagles...share them h

I love Daisy because she came into our lives out of nowhere. We had lost our Vinny, who was a Beagle/Springer mix and the love of my life to epilepsy after only 2 1/2 years. He was a rescue. When he left us I was inconsolable and cried oceans of tears.

I started talking to him about sending us another Beagle and got books on Beagles and studied. Little did I know that he had heard me there, on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. I wanted to wait until our 18 year old cat, Lily, went to the Bridge before getting another dog, so, when Lily passed, we started looking.

Daisy was a stray that my Brother in Law's secretary was dog sitting until she could find the owner. Her dog was very old and was not doing well with another dog in the house. So she asked us if we'd take her for awhile. We were delighted to, especially because she was a Beagle (and I secretly wanted a female!). I was almost positive that Vinny had sent her to us.

But, and it was a big BUT, we had to wait and see if her owner would claim her. We fell in love with her the first time we laid eyes on her. So we hoped the owner would not be found. BUT he was!!

The rest is history. He let us keep her. She was a purebred Beagle, already spayed and about 5 1/2 years old. She was so laid back and sweet, not terribly cuddly but loved everybody and always wanted belly rubs. Her beautiful eyes just sucked us in.

Now, after 4 years, she sleeps on top of my feet, blocks my in so that I cannot move without her knowing. She follows me everywhere or checks my whereabouts all the time. We sit out on our deck together and have many serious talks about silly little things.

When her ears come forward and she tilts her head when I talk to her like she's trying so hard to understand me, I just melt right down to my toes. Vinny came through for me, and it felt as if Daisy just fell right into my lap.

She is now nearly 10 and a very lovely senior Beagle. If there is a word that goes beyond the word Love, I would use it for my Daisy!!

Monica and Daisy:)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
We are the featured member! Yay! I got new pictures that I will post of Coco & I celebrating my birthday yesterday
later today.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Little late on this.
Well, you all may laugh at me because I found myself baby talk all over again!
My 2 daughters moved out of the house, one for work and the youngest in college. And you know the rest of the story already. Suddenly, I found myself in an empty house with CHARLIE! With husband at work whole day long. We are bonded, he knows me well too, smart kid.

When he looks at me with those eyes, I just melt.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I won't laugh about baby talk
I warned my boyfriend before we got Spock, Prepare yourself. You will not believe some of the things I will say when I'm around baby animals.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I love my Abby because she came into my life when I most needed her. Not that I needed the responsibility, I've got plenty of that, but for the companionship and comfort I need after my long days of work. I love how she wants to please me and yet do her own thing as well. I love how excited she gets when I get her a new toy. I love that she keeps me sane and happy. Oh, and I love how her colors are changing ever so slightly, keeps me guessing how she will end up! There's probably a lot more but that's all I can right for now...

·
Registered
276 Posts
I love Rocky because he is kind of like me, pretty much reserved and calm, but knows how to have a good time. We both like our quiet time and being alone, but we also like to curl up in the lazy boy on those lazy weekends. He still has a little bit of trust issues but he has come a long way! He would be the perfect dog if I could let him off leash and have him keep me company in the garage.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
There is no pretence with a beagle, they show their feelings and the love they give is genuine. Our two are lying on the floor in front of me right now and I know what they are 'saying': Mum its time to make yours and Dads dinner...... then we'll get our share afterwards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They are soooooo comical.

When we first got Paddy, rather than sleeping in his bed, he used to curl up in his tiny wee toy box.

Everytime I take him out a walk, someone stops to speak to him and comments on how cute he looks ..... little do they know how much a rascal he is!

Clare

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Wow... this thread made me have to leave my office i was crying so much reading it! hahah. You all have such beautiful stories! Your puppies have no idea how lucky they are to have such amazing homes! it truly is soo touching.

Getting snoopy was a true testament to me that the only way to get over the grief of a lost dog, is to get another one.
I had to put my childhood companion down about 5 years ago. My family surprised me with her when i was 5 and, being an only child, she was truly a blessing to my life for 13 years. Putting her down was a horrible experience and still to this day if I think about her I could bawl my eyes out. My family grieved for YEARS! Then I decided to bring snoopy into our lives.
Not only did she ease the grief, but she brought a familiar happiness to everyone that I know now can only be given by a puppy! She was a maniac!!! And I knew I had my work cut out for me but i knew the rewards!
Snoopy is a true soul mate to me - she brings me love, laughter and joy everyday! Not only that... but she gave me the strength to leave an abusive marriage. She helped me to see the light so to speak - that i deserved more and that, no matter how lonely i got, I would never be alone.
Everyday I am thankful for my beagley gift - she reminds me of what's important in life and makes MY life complete!

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
I love my Beagles just because they are Beagles. To paraphrase the South Pacific song, (There is nothing like a Dame), there is nothing like a Beagle! We have had Beagles or Beagle mixes for years. Everyone of them was truly a unique individual and I loved them all (and still get teary eyed over some of them). As we and our present threesome age I have become and firm believe in the KISS principal - keep it simple stupid. My pups remind me of this everyday. What is realllllly important - a roof over our heads, food in our bowls, good and true friends and a occasional, as needed case of the zoomies for all involved just for the heck of it. The times I have spent with my trio as they sit on the back steps employing and sampling the air with their finely tuned Beagle noses are some of my favorite time. When they settle next to me on the couch at night with a contented sigh that says life could not be any better warms my heart. I think the person that said dogs are not my whole life, but make my life whole, said it the best.

·
Registered
837 Posts
There are lots of reasons that I love Daisy but I will list just one for now!

She is so smart and with the right encouragement is just a wonderful little dog. We have been doing a lot of training lately as I want to trial her in obedience down the track. She has been an angel, and has been doing the most focused sit/stays and recalls, in very distracting environments! I have been reinforcing the look command on walks and she can be scenting, I'll say look and she'll come to heel and look at me. She is just turning into a lovely little dog

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Not having meet anyone of you and your beagles, I have realized that you are amazing owners and I am loving all the beagles here
. We truly are blessed to have such wonderful dogs that complete us and make our day

·
Registered
25 Posts
I found Jack on Craigs List, of all places. His first parents were apartment dwellers who got him at 8 weeks. As Jack began to grow, they realized he needed space to run and play, more than what they could offer. So they parted with him and made me the happiest mommy. He was 4 months old when he came home with me. Why do I love him? His facial expressions got me first; he has those soulful eyes that say volumes. He's funny, does funny things and I just get tickled watching him. He's super smart and has been really easy to train. His favorite game is fetch and we play that multiple times a day. He almost turns himself inside out with excitement when we get home from work each day. I love his ears, his tail, his little belly and his beautiful face. I just love everything about him.

Attachments

41 - 58 of 58 Posts