Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at this beagle for awhile now,even before fostering.I really really want him but i already have alot on my plate between fostering and my own 2 dogs.He looks so much like my Kass maybe that's why. Andy here is his link
and he is not good with cats and i have 2 of them

·
Registered
847 Posts
Awww... what a cute picture. Our Beagle is a puppy, so our life is centered around him and his needs. So taking on that extra responsibility could be a challenge, even for an older dog like Andy. We also have two cats, one outside and one inside. Bodie goes after both. The outside cat is way too fast for Bodie and usually books it as soon as she see him. The inside cat is much older and slower. When Bodie comes in, our house turns into Wild Animal Kingdom. It sounds like a jungle with animals running every where. We eventually have to put the cat in the garage while Bodie's loose in the house.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was looking at Andy on beaglepaws the other day. He looks like such a sweet boy. Unfortunately we have two cats and a kid under 10 in our household. I am always keeping an eye out on beaglepaws.

There is a sweet little girl on there that I have my eye on, but she is not spayed. http://www.beaglepaws.com/AdoptAngel2008.html Do you know if they spay before adopting out the beags?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Originally Posted By: *silleb*There is a sweet little girl on there that I have my eye on, but she is not spayed. http://www.beaglepaws.com/AdoptAngel2008.html Do you know if they spay before adopting out the beags?
We love BeaglePaws! We've now adopted two beagles from BeaglePaws now (Popcorn and Buzz) and they definitely try to spay before adopting - or if that doesn't work out for some reason then they require in the adoption contract that you commit to having them fixed within a short period of time after adopting. I think the adoption fee is then different depending on whether they spay (higher) or you spay (lower). Popcorn did everything she could to avoid being spayed before she flew out to Vancouver from Newfoundland - she went into heat the night before her flight - but BeaglePaws outsmarted her and she was spayed anyway and went on a flight a few days later. We are taking care of Buzz's neutering - his appointment is this Friday for the snip!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well we are very highly considering adopting Andy i am going to inquire alot more about him.My current foster Kona is not that great with cats but 1 of my cats Stewie is very defensive about himself and wont back down from any dog,so Kona has learnt to accept that.Beagle paws really tries to spay/neuter before dogs leave our care but sometimes it just is not possible,but you are on a contract to do it yourself.
I am just not sure about handling 3 of my own dogs plus fostering,but i know i can still handle it.
angel is such a cutie.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i just do not think my life is ready to adopt another dog :-( alot of things have happened in the few hours since i last posted.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya i am fine,just kinda stressful,We have my boyfriends mother living with us and last night she flew off the rocker *i guess you can say* about the way i treat my dogs...... I have always thought i was doing an excellent job with them.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Buzz is sending you hugs - he wants to let you know that he thinks you are doing an excellent job with your dogs too, especially when you were fostering him...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Beagle Paws is a good organization, but to be honest, it bothers me that they don't alter the beagles prior to adoption. And it's my understanding that they don't follow up on alterations after adoptions. That sends up a red flag for me. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING to help overpopulation is altering, in my opinion. Again, just my personal thoughts. There are hundreds of beagles in shelters and pounds all over the continent, they are overbred and dumped like yesterday's garbage. It sickens me because these are God's precious creatures, created to give us joy and hope and love and vice versa. I feel so strongly about this, forgive me if I sound harsh. But we can't solve the problem without taking the right steps.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
When we adopted Buzz recently from BeaglePaws, they wanted to neuter him prior to when we adopted him but the timing didn't work with when we were able to pick him up and therefore we agreed in our adoption contract to have him adopted within a certain amount of time after adopting him - and provide proof back to them. When we adopted Popcorn from BeaglePaws a few years ago they delayed sending her out in order to spay her before sending her out to us. My understanding is that the BeaglePaws preference is to alter before adoption, but given how complicated it can be trying to ship the dogs around the country, sometimes that simply can't be done but then they do what they can to impose a contractual obligation on the adoptee...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know that with the beagles i have so far fostered(only 2)that with Buzz we were in talks about making a neuter date for him,we had alot of work to do with him before we even considered neutering him and my current Kona is already neutered.
I know beagle paws does try to neuter/spay before their dogs get adopted but sometimes it just does not happen as planned.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts