Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,155 Posts
I wish I knew the answer to your question, but mine is the exact opposite. My new tan/white Beagle (1 1/2 years old) is scared to death of babies and children, but does fine with most adults. She is actually afraid of skinny people I think young or old. lol My sister is thin, where as my husband and I are obese. She does fine with us, but with smaller or thinner people she seems so afraid.

Our little gal is afraid of everything. Reflections, t.v., even the tiniest of noises like a pop can being opened or someone coming up the stairs. Anything that moves or makes noise creates fear in her. She's even afraid of new foods which is weird in a Beagle. Last night she was allowed to have a 1/2 of a hard boiled egg. My others gobble their whole ones in 3 seconds flat. It took Sulli about 30 minutes to nibble little pieces off of it. Obviously I am dealing with a severe case of being under socialized and I am just trying to be patient.

I would just say to take things slow with her. Sulli has only been in our house for 6 days now and she is doing so much better. We are just watching for very small steps of progress and rejoicing in each of them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.