Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the past week or so when homer goes poop when he's done pushing out the last of it he shoots and/or drops out a little bit of white liquid.what the heck is that and is that normal???he seems perfectly fine otherwise but seeing that is starting to make me wonder

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Murphy & Summer's Dad:
Its their natural poop chute lube.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Yes, I think that's pretty normal. Usually their anal glands are expressed when they poop. So I figure it's a good sign to see a little drip afterwards.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
phew!i never knew anything about anal glands.all the dogs i had before,i had growing up-dad dealt with all that yucky stuff.homer is the first dog i've had as adult and it's a whole big learning experience for me-which is why i love this site-you guys are so great and helpful!!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Murphy & Summer's Dad:
Its their natural poop chute lube.
Hahaha wot a lovely turn of phrase you have there Joe. I wonder why we don't have the same thing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
The first time I heard about anal glands in dogs was about a week ago when I came across it in a TV program. A vet was saying that sometimes dogs scoot across the carpet because their glands are bothering them, and the best way to get rid of that, if that was the case, was to "express" the glands (or have a vet or groomer do this). Good to know, but kind of gross; I think I'd have to leave this to a professional. :pukey:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i read up about this and man thats nasty!informed hubby in case it ever happens that it's his job to fix it-i can't repeat his reply...lol-but needless to say no matter how much it cost a professional will be doing it

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Yes, when Shiloh starts the Boot Scootin Boogie she goes to the vet to have her glands expressed!! I'll do most anything for Miss Shiloh, but sticking my fingers up her back end just isn't one of them!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts