Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. Let's start from the beginning of the long, nasty story.

I had just got my beagle a few weeks ago, and on December 20th 2010, my hateful neighbor's APBT (Pitbull) jumped over the fence, grabbed my beloved Chihuahuas, who was named Max, throat and killed him. I, and my beagle who was still only ten or eleven weeks old, witnessed the death of my lifetime (ever since I was five) friend and my puppy's playmate. I screamed for mom, MOM, MOM! and she came running, then saw, then screamed, and ran to the neighbor's house. She told them, they came and clanged on the fence, saying "Lala, lala! Let'em go. Lala" (Lala was the pits name) and she would. not. So we called animal control, they came and took Max's body and seized the Pitbull. Then, the neighbor's started crap with us. And by that, they began to blame it on the owner of Max. Of course, that would be ME. So then they put down the pitbull four days after that, on christmas eve. The neighbors never apologized, said they would pay for the dog and haven't gave us a plum nickle! :mad: and so then they got out to kill my cat and my puppy. So, they threw out dangerous (toxic to animals) food, stuff even humans should never think of eating, and lots of stuff. Because my puppy is a beagle, he will eat anything and everything. Then they put out POISONED food for my cat. It was way out of hand. I'm lucky they aren't dead.

So now, about five months later, the crap is still going strong. And I am very worried and stressed. So, to Max, RIP MAX 2005-2010. Five years. FIVE YEARS. He died waaay under the usual age for Chihuahua's. So I'm mad about everything, stressed, and I'm going into depression at nine years old. Seriously, people. I don't think it can get any more depressing and stressing in my neighborhood. :(

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm not sure where you live, but in Texas you can call the cops for that sort of thing. If it's determined they left out poisoned food, they can be arrested over that.

Even though you aren't an adult, you can still call your local police department to report things like that. It would probably be best if a parent called, but if they aren't around, you can certainly call to report illegal behavior. Just be calm, and just tell them the facts - no "I *think*"s in there, just "I saw the neighbor do XYZ and would like to report it."

·
Super Moderator
5,050 Posts
Oh you poor thing! So sorry about the horrible loss of Max :(

Definately have an adult call the police and report everything. If you suspect anything poisonous have an adult take a photo of it where it is, and then pick it up with gloves and get it to the police.

Its awful when you have to live like that, I am so sorry. You may want to keep your kitty inside for awhile to be safe and go outside with your beagle.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Oh honey, I'm so sorry to hear this sad story about your chihuahua. I know that it can be easy to be sad and depressed about this situation, but please don't that this personally. This is not about you. This is about people that don't have respect for others, being your neighbors.

In the immediate future, please always be with your beagle when he's outside so that he can stay safe.

Also, please talk to your mom about what you've seen from the neighbors. Adults are better able to deal with other adults. And they know what to do to help solve it better, i.e. maybe going to the police. This can be solved. Please don't take this all on yourself.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for your support and help. We called police about everything, know what they said? "We cannot do anything about it."
That is the nuttiest thing I ever heard tale of...

Word from down the street, the neighbors are moving! Hallalugha praise the Lord! my prayers have been answered, we won't have to deal with them anymore within the next thirty days they are gone! Thank you, God!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I am very sorry.

You need to be recordig everything i a log, report very incident to the police and viddeio tape were you can. You can take them to court for the medical bills.

Dont worry about what the police say to you. INSIST on a police report and if they do not give you one ask for the supervisor and go up until you get someone. technicly they can not do something unles sthey see it but they can make the report and give you the report number.

Involve Animal Control as well. insist on a report to be taken.

I do hope they move without giving you any more issues.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, we tried that. they said, "We cannot make a report cause it will not be worth anything" I took pics of the CHEESECAKE they left out and the pitbull loose from my DSi but they kept arguing... :(

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Dont know what to say:(, I'm not a kid,57 years old, and had to move from my apartment , bec my neighbor trained fighting pits. He always had 3-4 different dogs and the man was not on the lease even only the woman he lived with. The dogs went after dogs and children, still nothing happened, management, police didn't do anything.
So I can't advice you:(

·
Registered
208 Posts
There probably are not very good laws on the books in your state regarding animal cruelty, I'd guess.

In Texas, there are a lot of working ranches, and people make their living off their animals, so abuse of animals is treated very seriously - injuring someone's dog could impact not just the family's feelings, but their business.

Glad to hear they are moving. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live in North Carolina, which isn't as strict... and here police and AC don't follow up with what they are supposed to do. They just sit around in Dunkin Donuts, except for a few of them who stay in case of an emergency, and they rarely come on emergencies... it took them FOREVER to get here for Max.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I am so sorry that you had this happen to you. Please understand that the owners ARE responsible for the actions of their dog. The fact that the dog attacked and killed is a good indication that they did not train it or care for it properly. Also, they should have controlled their dog.

You may want to talk to your parents about contacting the ASPCA in your area - the ASPCA is very active in North Carolina. You can go to this site:
ASPCA | Fight Animal Cruelty and on the left hand side there is a place to click to report animal cruelty. Have an adult - your parents, teacher, librarian, or clergyman - help you. I am glad that these people are moving away, but it is likely that someone else's pet may suffer from their actions, wherever they go.

The ASPCA will take action when no one else will. Your Max, suffered, the pit bull obviously was not cared for correctly - so she suffered, and these obviously mentally ill people tried to hurt your other pets.

Also, when your parents reported these people's actions to the police, did they point out that the neighbors actions endangered you - a child (endangering the welfare of a child is a crime)? Did they complain about harassment? Believe it or not, these points can make a big difference in how the police react.

You are doing very well, reaching out for support. Be careful, keep your kitty and puppy inside, or right with you - so that they can't get into anything nasty. And hold on - things sound like they will be getting better.

·
Super Moderator
5,050 Posts
I have found over the years that the bad neighbors usually move away if you can wait it out. I hope that yours pack up at night and move away. Also, you should be very proud of your concern for your beagle and kitty!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks ljas and Mollys Mom, that helped me some. I will look at the animal cruelty page right now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update: The neighbors moved. They actually ABANDONED the poor dog. It ran out its yard and up to our fence, so mom went in the front yard with a bowl of food and gave it food. Led it into the fence. It gobbled it down before she could even walk out. She closed it and called animal control, reporting the cruelty, and in the meantime I threw it a treat to keep it occupied. Animal Control came, took the dog, and it's gonna find a wonderful home and a family who won't abandon it anymore! JUSTICE AND VICTORY!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
By the way, that dog was another pitbull they had that didn't do anything. They were abusing it. Not the one who killed Max.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That doesn't surprise me... some people shouldn't be allowed to own animals. Hopefully that poor pit finds a nice new home.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update: When they seized the dog they left a notice. A few days ago, it was missing from the door. Now today, the gate to their backyard is swung wide open... hmm. Kind of suspicious, does anyone think that?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts