Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by LeeAnn:
When do Beagles reach their adult height?
Not really sure . I think Shiloh was about 10 or 11 months. But I would guess it probably varies with each dog. Just a guess ! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif :conf6:

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
I don't really remember about my Shiloh (11 years is a long time!) but I think it was around a year when she reached her full height, such as it is! (She and I are both shortys!)

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I think Jersey was about one when she stopped growing taller. But she continued to fill out in her chest after that for about another 6 months. Her body shape changed a lot then as she lost her puppy look and started to look like a full grown, mature Beagle.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Our breeder told us beagles typically reach their full height at 6 months and continue to fill out until they are about a year old. My beagle is a 13in. (shorter) version so I don't know if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif . Tramp is 14 inches at 5 1/2 months... I guess only time will tell how tall he's going to be by the sound of it!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Our female seemed to be done by about 6 months old. Since then she has not increased in height, but she is defininetly increased in mass/bulk. She is not overweight, but she is solid for sure.

Her coloring also seemed to reach it's potential by about 6 months as well. I have not seen any further color changes since then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts