Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Sherry

Well it looks like I might be getting Sherry the beagle from Many Tears rescue. I've got to be home checked and as long as that goes OK which I'm sure it will I can go and meet Sherry in about 4-5 days. Of course there is the possibility that when I meet her she might not be the dog for me and Rosa but I just can't see that happening. From what I've been told about her she sounds perfect for me and what I'm looking for. She's quiet, well adjusted to living in a house now, housebroken and good on walks. She loves everyone and shows no signs of aggression or SA etc. Considering the life's she's had she is fit and healthy for a 9 year old.

Keep ya fingers crossed that all goes well. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
193 Posts
Good luck with your homecheck.
Hope thet it all goes well and Sherry finds a lovely new home.
Yvonne

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The homechecker has just rung me....she will be at my home in half an hour /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Off to hoover now /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've passed the home check /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Now I have to wait for the lady that is fostering Sherry to contact me to arrange a visit.

·
Registered
193 Posts
So glad that you passed :evilgrin:
Yvonne

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm so glad you mentioned Many Tears too Vonny because tomorrow I'm going to meet sweet Sherry /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

So as long as her and Rosa get on etc. I shall be bringing her home with me :heart:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jennifer, I know Rosa has a say but how bout Suzie /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Sounds like Sherry will fit right in. BTW: The Bagel thinks its a great idea!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bob, Sherry isn't used to cats but the fosterer said that when they have seen cats on their walks together Sherry has just stared at them but not made any attempt to chase or pounce etc. She shows no aggression towards anyone or anything so I'm not worried.

Suzie has always been able to stand up for herself and she has got all of the upstairs of my home as a dog free zone to retreat to when she wants.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jennifer: I am thrilled for you and Sherry! I looked at her picture on the Many Tears website -- she is just beautiful. Crossing all fingers and toes, hoping that Sherry and Rosa recognize each other as forever playmates!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I just saw Sherrys picture on the Many Tears web site too. She's a very Beautiful girl. I hope all goes well. Good Luck!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Jennifer:
... Suzie has always been able to stand up for herself and she has got all of the upstairs of my home as a dog free zone to retreat to when she wants.
I remmebered that, I was more concerned for Sherry's nose than Suzie Cat. I know Suzie will prevail /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Can't wait for pictures of Sherry and Rosabella /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bob, Suzie will only retaliate if cornered so I will make sure that this doesn't happen and teach Sherry that cats aren't for playing with. Most dogs will only get their noses scratched once by an angry cat, they soon learn to keep away.

Assuming that all goes well and Sherry comes home with me tomorrow I will take pictures as soon as Sherry is settled and happy with a camera pointing at her. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
How great that Sherry's going to get a loving home, and how nice for you and your present crew that you'll be getting a sweet new family member. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I don't think Li'l Girl had been around cats, either, when we adopted her, but there was never a problem with her and Priss. Will be waiting to read that Sherry's come home with you.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Good luck with the new arrival, she looks very sweet. Its nice when their calm seniors instead of nutty puppies. Gwenni is so lively and spends all day running around, totally wears you out!!

Hope she finds a place with your pack and Rosa wont be lonely anymore.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Is she there yet? Just waiting to hear so I pop the cork? :hyper:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No she's not hear yet Joe. It's 8am here right now in sunny england and I'm not going to see/get her until about 1pm then it's a 2-3 hour drive back.

Thanks for all your best wishes. I'll keep you all informed very soon. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

1 - 20 of 38 Posts