Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Hi, I also have a Maggie. She is about 18 months old now. I have Petcare Insurance for her. It is accident, illness coverage only not routine care although I think they might have a plan that includes routine care. I looked at a lot of plans and this one did not have any breed specific exclusions for beagles. When I purchased the original policy they wanted to underwrite at the time of my first claim. I refused that and told them I wanted all exclusions in writing. I have a 12 month exclusion on removal of decidious teeth (she had to have some baby teeth pulled), and a 12 month exclusion on her right rear leg. She had some pain in that leg as a pup but the vet couldn't find anything and she has had no trouble since. Thankfully, I haven't needed to make a claim so I don't know how rapidly they pay. In another group I belong to a lot of people have VIP insurance. That pays on routine stuff but is not as good on the big things and has lots of exclusions. Other people in that group have started animal emergency accounts and deposit the premium in there. Whatever you do read all of the fine print before you buy anything and get all exclusions in writing. Let me know what you find. Its been almost a year since I bought mine and I would be interested in knowing if there is anything new or better available.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.